Saturday, June 22, 2013

Bees like Garlic


I don't know when we woke up, but it was nice not to have to go anywhere. The church scheduled a workday from 7 to 12 but I didn't feel like rushing over there when I could stay in bed with Chris. Skipping e-mail, I exercised and then fixed breakfast. During and after breakfast I read e-mail. Including XKCD comics. Chris invited me to go to the on-post library, so I did. I got to look at their selection of movies, but I didn't see it all. We picked out three and checked out. When we got back, I called Dad to see how they were doing. He told me about the therapists that are coming to see Mom. He also was looking for a phone number for a lady he is supposed to send a file to. Chris got a number off of the internet, but it was disconnected. Then I got stuck reading more of those comics. It reminds me of the lab rats pressing the bar for food pellets. They press the bar most often if they only get rewarded intermittently. I don't always 'get' the comic, so have to go on to the next one, hoping it will make more sense. Chris tells me to close the 'window', but then it wouldn't be so convenient to read them. When I did pull myself away, I mowed the rest of the lawn, and dug grass from the sides and middle of the driveway. This lasted for hours. I finally finished up by raking the trimmings up and throwing them in the yard waste pile. I watered a few plants, then soaked my feet in the bucket. When I came in, Chris was gaming with the voices. It was nice to hear Michele's voice. I parceled out 8 days worth of supplements, and placed an order for those which were getting low. I may cut back on how many I take, because I am getting the most results from taking the lyposomal vitamin C. I saw the difference in the mirror almost immediately. Maybe I don't need the rest? Then I washed and partially dried all the fabric I bought yesterday. I spent the rest of the evening listening to a Hans King audio and ironing and folding the fabric. When I finished that, the audio was over. I put my mom on his prayer list and posted to my blog.
* This is a recent picture of a bee. Take a good look. The world wide bee population is reducing and someday you may only see bees in old photos. *

No comments: