Friday, June 14, 2013

I'm a pod person

Last night, after posting, I stayed up to work on the computer. I cropped photos of each block in my BOM quilt and loaded them to the Facebook group. One block was missing, so I had open the quilt and photograph it. I got to bed after midnight, and I paid for it this morning by not awakening until almost 10. That gave me only an hour to get in my pre-breakfast activities. I emptied the dishwasher and then read e-mail until 12:30, then put on my bathing suit. I laid in the sun for 10 minutes on each side, them came in. I freshened up, expecting Rebecca at 1 to take my quilt class. Her input is important so I can finalize the handout. But she did not come. I spent that time working on the handout. I turned it from a txt file to a doc file. That allowed me to make it more appealing aesthetically. I also added a cover page with a pic of the finished quilt. I wasn't totally happy with any of the pics I had. I cropped the best one, but because the pic wasn't taken straight on, it did not fit the square boundary of the crop tool. When I double-clicked on the pic, it came up in Paint. I wasn't expecting that because it has never happened before. However, I discovered that I could 'erase' all of the wall showing around the quilt. So the pic I finally added to my cover page showed only the quilt, slightly curved edges and all. I was erasing when Chris came home. His boss sent him home early. He made meatloaf and worked on his laptop. When I finished the pic, I saved it and went out to mow the lawn. I accomplished a lot before the battery ran down. I watered my plants and discovered that one of the pea plants actually grew pods even though it it still so small. I picked one pod, the cucumber, and a lettuce top for supper. Chris left to play Battletech. I ate the pod first, and it was delicious. Then I ate the large salad while watching a video called La Belle Verte. It is in French but has English subtitles. I ate a little bit of the meatloaf before putting it in the fridge. I sat in the basement to soak up the quiet, visualize, and tap. It got very dark and I was no where near the light switch. When I finished, I felt my way over to the steps, avoiding all of the obstacles in the way. I brushed my teeth, and scrubbed the kitchen sink (because I spilled the toothpaste and thought that might be a good way to use it). I sat at my computer to read the latest e-mail, tap, and put on another audio. Chris isn't home yet, but I decided to write my blog post anyway. I am not staying up 'cause there is no telling when he will be home.

No comments: