Monday, June 24, 2013

The End

My day started at quarter after nine. I read e-mail and exercised. I had to restart my laptop since the touchpad turned itself off. Then it insisted on installing updates, but it seemed to hang up there. I ate breakfast and packed a lunch. I started a quilt for Linus Project almost 2 months ago and it has provided me with something to do every Monday since. So I put the blocks in my sewing box and headed to the church with my machine. I got there after 11. There were not many ladies there so I had my choice of where to sit. Mirna brought the quilted quilt that I gave her last week, and the finished quilt that she made from my directions. Both were very nicely done. I trimmed the rest of my Linus blocks and started putting them up on the design wall. Bertha finished putting them up while I took the chance to trim up the quilted quilt. After she left, I rearranged the blocks, soliciting suggestions from the group. When we were satisfied with the result, I sewed them together in four-somes until the top was finished. By then it was only Lauri, Mirna and me. The rest had gone home. I went home, too, wondering what I will work on next week now that this top is finished. Chris arrived home just before I did. We had last night's chicken for supper. Then he picked two heads of broccoli from the garden. I made mine into a salad, but he ate his just as it was. After supper I tweaked my handout for class. Not the text, just the diagram page. It's fun to do, but probably pointless, as it already gets the point across. Then we watched 2 episodes of 11th Hour. That makes 4 episodes, and that is all there are. We finished up with the last episode of season 1 of 3rd Rock. We don't have season 2. Now I am wondering what we'll watch tomorrow. Chris went to bed, and I am watching the largest roach I have ever seen appear in different locations around the room. I am armed with a flyswatter just in case.

No comments: