Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Projects


It was at least nine when I got up. I wish I could get up earlier, but I have a hard time getting to sleep at night. I read e-mail, exercised, and ate breakfast. I wanted to get to quilting at a reasonable time, but things kept popping up, like printing out two copies of . So instead of agonizing over which project to bring, I just grabbed the one already in the box. There was a package of seaweed in there from last time, so I added a pear and a Thermos of water. It was 11:30 or later when I arrived. I was slow getting started, just enjoying talking to the other ladies and seeing what they were working on. When the take-out arrived, we all sat down to eat. I asked Mirna if she would look over the instructions for my class to see if they were clear. She not only agreed to look over it, she said she'd make one. It was more than I hoped for, and a really good test of the directions. We all sewed through the afternoon. I worked on a Project Linus quilt top. Later Lori and Virginia looked over my second copy of the directions to give their comments. I lost track of time and did not leave until 5. Chris was home when I got there. I ate something for supper. Then I got a Sharpie and a tape measure. I drew lines on a piece of OSB that Bob had left. Chris helped me pull out the table saw and cut the board. He was right, it was more difficult than I thought it would be. Still, that isn't a reason not to do a task, is it? I put the board under the plastic sheet that the men had laid over clumps of dirt by the house. It fit the space precisely and it fit around the tree. Now the plastic sheet lays flat, not catching puddles of rainwater and growing mosquitoes. I scrubbed the mud off of my shoes. Chris put the table saw away. We watched one episode of Bones. That turned out to be the season ender. So we finished the evening with episodes of 3rd Rock. We went to bed and there was no blog posting.
* this is the quilt that Mirna quilted for Virginia *

No comments: