Sunday, June 30, 2013

Paraments, kneelers and banners

We woke up about 8:30 but I stayed in bed a little longer, tapping for the feeling of not wanting to get up. Must have been 9:30 when I did get up, fixed breakfast, showered, dressed and was ready for church. Chris stayed home because his ankle was hurting. I suggested ice and heat, but he wasn't interested. Today our church celebrated the 30th and 50th year of ordination for our pastor and Pastor Ettraim. The bishop came and he gave the sermon. It was quite good. After the service, people lined up to get food in the garden room. I hung back to talk to Jennifer, Margie, and Cecelia. Mary, our organist, asked me to play my trombone for the service next week. She wants to get together to practice on Saturday. The food table was loaded and there were a few things I could eat. So I got my plateful and sat near Shannon. Susan came to talk to me about paraments. They need banners for confirmation, first communion, and baptism. Cecelia said we could get together on Thursday to cut foam for the kneelers and glue the batting wrap on them. My week just got busy. Just before the service started I had made a mental image of myself patting a kneeler in my passenger seat. When I got in my car, the image came back and I ran in to get one of the kneelers. I don't remember when I got home. I changed clothes and Chris made a grocery list. I drove to Publix to get the items and a few for myself. He hardboiled a dozen eggs for his lunches. I mowed parts of the lawn. I put away stuff from the trip on Friday. I took a kneeler down to my sewing room to examine the construction. But that is as far as I got, running items up and down the steps. I read e-mail and practiced my trombone. I juiced up celery and a beet and a cucumber. I took the pulp and ran it through again, getting another quarter glass full. I tried out the new toothpowder that came in the mail. Tasted ok. The reviews said it would stain my toothbrush but not my teeth. Then we went down to watch 3 episodes of Chuck. It's pretty good. Much less disturbing than Forever Knight. I took off my earrings. I think the holes will stay open now, but for some reason I can only get studs in, no french hooks. I sat down to write my blog and got caught up in a Facebook e-mail, which lead to another and to places I never intended to go. So now it is really late and I have to go to bed.
* I did not have my camera today, so here is a pic of Peggy Barkle and her Circular Bargello quilt. *

No comments: