Sunday, June 23, 2013

"Sitting Kills, Moving Heals"

I heard the phone alarm go off at 8, but did not get up for another 30 minutes. I emptied the dishwasher, took a shower, and ate breakfast. Chris took his shower while I got dressed. We were there 10 minutes before church started. That gave me time to check in with a few people before the service. Our regular pastor is still out of town, so our intern preached. Shannon was the cantor. Her little boy ran up to her as she was singing. She had to hold him the whole time she was singing. After the service, I talked to Cyndi about what paraments are needed. I took some pics of the ones they already have. Then we went home to change clothes before grocery shopping. After putting the food away, we went outside so I could cut Chris' hair. Then I read e-mail and worked on my class handout. I printed out the cover page and it came out in color. I added to the text. I fiddled with it a bit to get a more professional look. Chris thought it was fine to begin with. He cooked bacon to take to work each morning. And he put two chickens in the oven. I went outside to clip grass and water the garden. When I came in, the chicken innards were cooked, so I ate them. I read e-mail and listened to audios while Chris ate supper. One audio was an interview of a woman named Dr. Joan Vernikos, former director of NASA’s Life Sciences Division and author of Sitting Kills, Moving Heals. No matter how much exercise you get, if you sit for long periods of time without getting up, your body declines rapidly. She recommends standing up once every 10 minutes. It’s not how many hours of sitting that's bad for you; it’s how often you interrupt that sitting that is GOOD for you.
By the time the chicken was finished, I wasn't hungry any more. Then we watched 2 episodes of 11th Hour with Patrick Stewart, and one episode of 3rd Rock. Chris went to bed. I hunted down my wrist brace. My wrist has been bothering me all day, except when I do yard work. Ironic.
* The flowers are lovely this year. *

No comments: