Thursday, June 6, 2013

One completed quilt top

I got up just after 8. I started reading e-mail, then went looking in the basement for water since it rained yesterday. It was dry. I searched for small items for the library display for Deb. I found some in a box and laid them on the table to photograph for her. But my camera battery needed charging. I plugged it in to charge. I took the recyclables out to the curb. I called Cecelia. We agreed to talk after church on Sunday. I called Dad, but he was at the dr's office. I exercised, then read e-mail until it was time for breakfast. After breakfast I prepared a week's worth of supplements in individual containers. That helped me know what I needed more of. I submitted an order to Swansons. I put on my bathing suit to sunbathe, but the sun kept going in and out behind the clouds. I picked up the grass shears and trimmed around the trees. My neighbor came to the fence to talk. I gave him some radish pods and he liked them, might grow his own this year. He had men doing work around the house and yard. I pulled black-eyed susans from the garden. I left the biggest ones. The sun seemed to be staying out, so I laid down for a bit. All this while I listened to an audio. I went in for lunch. I called Dad back. He and Mom were waiting to see another doctor. But he told me that a social worker would be coming to their home to access the situation. That is good news. And then it was time to sew. I found that the borders I made were too long because my seam allowances are narrower than my mother's. I put in bigger seam allowances and sewed the borders on. I also identified some seams that kept the top from laying flat. I fixed them. I got out the backing and determined that it needed to get washed and pre-shrunk. Then I ripped the stitches in the bottom part of Chris' pants pocket. I patched it with a diamond of scrap denim, and sewed it back on. I sewed together the two green pieces of backing for the green star quilt. I decided to leave the pressing for tomorrow. I came upstairs to fix a salad for supper. Chris had already eaten. We read e-mail for awhile, then went downstairs to watch Bones, season 7. She changed her hairstyle again, and now she's pregnant. Then we watched 2 episodes of 3rd Rock from the Sun. For some reason, even though the DVD is brand spanking new, it skips. so watching two episodes did not take long. But they sure were funny. Then Chris went to bed, while I tried to remember all the events of the day.

No comments: