Friday, June 21, 2013

Applique techniques

The day began with e-mail, exercise, a shower, and breakfast. I forgot to put out the recyclables in my effort to remember to meet Cecelia at Hancocks at noon. I was a few minutes late, and then we had trouble finding each other. We bought bonded polyester batting, thread, needles, and special spray glue for the kneelers. After she left, I went to the church to measure the center kneeling cushion. Susan was there and told me she had to re-hang the quilt I put up because that wall was already spoken for. She hung it on the opposite wall by the kitchen. I asked her about the paraments, and she showed me what the church already had, and how they knew which ones to hand when. Apparently there is a church year calendar for the color of the paraments. After she left, I took measurements and notes. I wanted to take the cushion, but did not want the responsibility of remembering to bring it back in time for the celebration. I came home and put on shorts to mow the lawn. I got halfway through the backyard when the mower ran down. I went inside to catch up on e-mail and bring up a recipe. Chris came home from work as I was making coconut mayonnaise. He hard boiled the remaining eggs for me. I changed clothes again for the quilt guild meeting. The topic of the night was applique. There were six tables set up with chairs in front. Each person was handed a colored paper as they came in. Mine was yellow so I started with the yellow table. Each one was a presentation of a method of applique, although there were overlapping parts. Mirna was there and brought the quilt top she made from my directions. It came out nicely. When I got home, it was 9 pm. All we watched was 2 episodes of 3rd Rock before going to bed. Chris said he had to get up early to go to work. I said I had to get up early to go fabric shopping with my friends. I was going to blog but Chris made me a better offer.

No comments: