Wednesday, June 4, 2014

And Bob was here...

I was up not long before 8. I deleted the first round of e-mail, and put a check in the mailbox. I washed out small items. I could not find the plastic chain with small clips, so I used a wire shoe holder as a washline, and the plastic clips that Jennifer gave me. I hung out all the little stuff to dry. I took pics of seedlings. I watched a video, while clearing e-mail. I was looking into healing lasers when the phone rang. Bob said he was in the area and could be right over. When he got here, he inspected the light fixture in the den. He fiddled with it and asked me to turn it on. The lights came on, flickered, sparked and smoked. I turned it off. So much for my new light bulbs, eh? He asked if I wanted brass or brushed nickel for a new fixture. I told him I did not care, but one with a ceiling fan would be nice. Then he looked at the garage door. He knew exactly how to reconnect the door to the opener. But he said the chain needed to be tightened and there was no way to do that in its present condition. He said he could get a special link at a bicycle shop. So off he went and I went back to reading about healing lasers and finding an affordable one. Then I went on to soap nuts, and batteries. I did a search on ways to use blood, which turns out to be good for plants. I laid out in the sun, until it went behind a cloud. I mowed in the front yard. It was very sweaty business. I laid on the couch in the basement to cool off. Then I went upstairs to write a note to Parker. I researched more items on my 'to buy' list. I took a shower. Parker called and we talked about how to deal with tenants that don't pay on time. I looked into food grade diatomaceous earth. When I became aware of the time, it was almost time to leave for choir. Mary Ann skyped me and I almost did not answer. She promised to call back. I grabbed a container of dates and jumped in the car. There were not many people there. Doris asked about Chris so I told her the latest. She couldn't believe it. As a choir we practiced setting 8 in the hymn book, and a piece for Sunday. Since it will be the last Sunday we sing for the summer, we have to sing at both services. After practice, we went to the multipurpose hall to have treats. I abstained, just sitting and listening to others talk. Then I went home. It was very dark because I hadn't activated the outside light and the switch inside the door was for the den light which was hosed. Bob did not come tonight like he said he might and so I won't see him until at least Friday. One more night in the dark. I deleted a bunch of e-mail, and listened to an audio. I made a veggie smoothie with broccoli, sprouts, hummus, fiber and salt. It was ok. When the audio was over, I prepared to go to bed.
*  I planted seeds on Saturday and look how big they are now!  *

No comments: