Friday, June 13, 2014

Sorting photos

I did not sleep well last night.  I woke up early, and did some exercises waiting for Chris to wake up.  I took a shower and ate breakfast while he took his shower and went to the hotel breakfast.  I quickly posted to my blog for yesterday.  We got on the road at 8:45 EST.  We drove straight through with only one stop.  There was some traffic backup, but mostly it was ok driving.  I was glad Chris did the driving.  We arrived at the hotel in PA before 4.  We checked in, then went to see the others (Faye, Dad, William)  Kurt and Patrick had just come in.  Pastor Dave was taking a nap in his room.  I showed Faye the photos I had brought.  At 5 Donna drove up, and we all went to Kaufman's Barbarque Chicken Ranch.  Since they grow their own chickens, I ordered half a chicken.  It came with baked potato and a trip to the salad bar.  My dad paid for everyone's meal.  There were 9 of us and the largest table sat 8, so Chris and I sat at a smaller table.  I ate all the dark meat, and the end of the potato.  Both were rather salty.  Chris got boxes to take the food back to the hotel.  We sat and talked while the large group also chatted on.  Then my dad come over to talk to Chris.  Finally he rounded everyone up to go back to the hotel.  Chris dropped me, Kurt, and Patrick at the motel and went for gas.  I helped Faye get pictures of Mom selected and arranged on a display board.  I had to take a break to cry.  It was after 10 when I went back to our room.  Chris was on his computer, but mine would not connect, so I had to post from his computer.  That means I don't have access to the pics on mine, so I will post a pic on another day.  I am not looking forward to the funeral tomorrow.

No comments: