Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Finding photos of Mom

I got up at 8 when the alarm sounded. I put on an audio and went through my usual morning routine.  After juicing, I filtered most of the rainwater that collected last night. Then I drove to post to get the mail. After fishing out all the mail I could touch, I stepped back and jumped up to see inside. A man coming in to the post office to check his mail, said 'Nice jump'. Then I drove to the Tuesday quilt group. They were all leaving early because a storm was coming. I let them know that my mother was much better now, and they understood. Denise called, so I stayed late to talk to her. Then I went to the Asian store for kimbap. They had a substitute kimbap maker this week and it was not as good. Still, when I got home, I put kimchi on it and ate it all. Chris skyped me while I ate. We talked about his trip to the US which starts later today. Then I finished filtering water, and read e-mail. I made breakfast and ate most of it. I went out in the rain to replace the tubs. I made up enough supplements to last for the next two weeks. I did tapping videos, and talked to Faye. I went outside to pick up all the branches and twigs that fell from the trees. I finished breakfast. I wrote to Kurt via skype. I think I talked to Faye again. I printed out a pic of Mom from the desktop computer and looked for others that were taken earlier. But they were not there. Then I realized that they were on the OLD computer, the one running Windows 98. I booted it up while doing something else because it is slow. But it behaved well. I found the files I wanted and looked through all the pics. There were no thumbnail pics, so I was grateful they were labeled. But then I had to get the ones I wanted to the desktop with the printer. The old one writes to disks, but the newer one does not. And there is no place for a thumb drive. So I tried to e-mail them, getting nowhere. Finally I realized that that computer doesn't have a wireless connection so I had to plug it into the router. THEN, I e-mailed the pics to the other computer and printed them out. It was good to see Mom as she was before Parkinson's got her. Then I looked through framed pictures in the basement. Frankly, her only chance of being in one was to stand beside Michele, but that did not work either. By then it was almost 10 and I hadn't eaten supper. It seemed too late, but I was going to wait up for Chris to call when he landed in Honolulu, so I made a frozen fruit smoothie with sunflower seeds. I listened to an audio on what goes into tap water and how to get it out.  Waiting up for Chris...

No comments: