Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Farmer's Market

I woke up at 3:45 in the morning, not sure why. I thought I could hear water running, but was unable to locate any. When I got up again, it was after 7. I read e-mail and tried to follow my normal routine, but it was taking longer than usual. I ended up skipping the Tuesday morning group. It was all too easy to find reasons not to go to the other places on my list, but I did not want to set a bad precedent. I went to post to get the mail, and then to the Asian store for kimbap. I also bought a Korean sweet potato to grow for the edible foliage. Maybe they taste better than the regular ones at the grocery store. When I got home, I e-mailed the bills to Chris. The credit card bill reflected no payment last month and lots of charges for that. I did my meditation. As soon as I finished, Chris skyped me. He was trying to let me know how important I am to him. After he hung up, I took notes for my blog. I laid out in the sun for almost half an hour. I went downstairs to find a border for my flag quilt top. The phone rang and it was Kurt's financial adviser. We talked about refinancing versus selling, but he said he did not know enough and that I needed to talk to an accountant. Then I picked up my foot pedal and drove to the farmer's market at the church near the sewing store. I wasn't sure they were there, but it seemed late enough in the season and I was able to buy greens, and sweet potatoes, and peas. I stopped at the sewing store to get my foot pedal fixed, but the man was out of replacement pedals. I went home to get the first one he replaced for a switchout, but apparently it wasn't the right thing. So he took my name and number and will call when the new ones come in. He tried to sell me a sewing machine with a dual feed system. It was very nice and I could see the advantage, but for $700 I think I will stick with my good old Singer. When I got home, I pulled out the lawn mower and finished up the back yard. My next door neighbor came over to the fence to talk. He said he hadn't seen me out lately and was thinking of checking on me in case I was depressed. I told him about how the living alone would last another year. He said he liked living alone. I told him that when I hear things in the middle of the night I don't feel safe checking it out myself. He asked if I had a gun and offered to teach me to shoot. I don't think having a gun in my hand would make me feel any safer. He showed me his new hives. He is still in the painting process so there are no bees yet. He doesn't think the bees will bother me while I'm mowing even though they will be by the fence. He also told me that he will have his nut tree cut down to allow more sunlight to his garden. I went back to mowing and he did his own yard. I replanted a marigold and trimmed along the driveway. I cut away some brush and carried it off. I washed half of the peas and ate them on the back porch. I read e-mail for awhile, then made a sprout and collard green smoothie to get my fiber in. I realized that I never ate breakfast. I researched a possible purchase on Amazon. Silvia called to see if I needed company. I finished reading reviews, posted, and went to bed (and maybe some tapping).
*  This is my flag quilt top so far.  *

No comments: