Friday, June 6, 2014

June 6th, 2014 - a day that will live in infamy (for our family)

I filtered the collected rainwater before I went to bed, and did some tapping. I had no trouble sleeping. I woke up before 7 and went back to bed to get my mind into a state of gratitude. Like yesterday I was surprised that it was almost 8 when I got up to start the day. I thought seriously about having a computer-free day. Ha, ha. I watered the garden beds with mineral water. I put the Netflix movie in the mail. I deleted a bunch of e-mail, then put on an audio while I went through the routine. I had to have another one while juicing and meditating. Chris skyped me at 11:15. We had a much calmer conversation today. Then I made and ate breakfast. I watched part of a Dvd downstairs, and realized it was raining. I came up to take my supplements. I called Sharon to ask when Bob would come with a new light. I suggested that a ceiling fan would be nice. Bob had said he would mention it to her, but apparently he hadn't. She said she would text him right away in case he was at Home Depot and tell him to get a fan. I brought in the mail, but it was all junk. I read e-mail, did some tapping, ate something, then went down to cut border strips for the flag quilt. The phone rang and it was Bob calling to say he would have been here but one of the other tenants drove through her garage door so he has to fix that today and will be here Monday to install a light with fan. If I want faster service apparently I have to drive through the garage door. Funny, right? But I sat and just burst into tears. Sad because being nice has gotten me nowhere. My needs are so far down the list they don't matter. Perfect. It helped to hear from our NC agent that the tenants have finally paid up. I boiled the last of the duck eggs. There was a chopstick on the stove and it lit, but I got it before it flamed. But, ahh, I just love the aroma of wood smoke. I planted the sweet potato from the planter box into one of the flower beds. One of the slips from the indoor potato took it's place in the planter box. I put cages around the tomatoes which have grown exponentially in the last week and are falling over. I picked and ate two pea pods. When I came in, I brought in rain water, andI washed my hands and checked e-mail. I had e-mailed Jennifer about an Esther Hicks video and invited her over to watch it. Her reply sounded hopeful, so I called her. The moment she said she would come over, I saw my house differently. All of a sudden all the things that were out of place called themselves to my attention and I started cleaning up. I made myself a veggie smoothie and cleaned that up.  I processed the latest rain water. I was starting the video to see how it sounded in the livingroom, when she rang the doorbell. Jennifer commented on how large the yard was, and so we discussed the property. She wanted to see the basement, so I showed her my sewing room. She exclaimed over all the fabric. I showed her all my quilts, too. We talked about stuff in our lives, and then the phone rang.
 I am glad Jennifer was there when I got the news from Kurt. After she left, I called William to get more details. Faye said a few words too. I e-mailed Chris to let him know. I did not know how to tell Michele. I did not know what I should be doing. Being alone did not bother me because I have so much to deal with before I can face anyone. My brother and I skyped for quite some time. I know my mother is in a better place now. That is all I know.

No comments: