Sunday, June 15, 2014

The day after

We woke up but did not get up, still tired from yesterday. Alfred and Cecily had already gone to church when we took our showers and got dressed. I fixed breakfast and ate it while reading and deleting e-mail. They came home to make brunch. We all sat together and talked while they ate. Chris put laundry in the washer. Then they took Chris to the mall to buy him pants for his birthday. I stayed behind to post to my blog for Saturday, and then sit in the sun working a new kind of puzzle that Cecily gave me. It was called Skyscraper. When they came back, Chris had new underwear, too. Chris folded the laundry and we each put ours in our luggage. I read e-mail in the den and tried out Cecily's laptop cooler. I liked it because it had a cord that plugs into a USB port for power. At 4 we all went to Kroger's to buy lobster and veggies. Chris boiled water and Cecily put the lobsters in. I called my dad to see if he was home yet and tell him we would be coming over later. Cecily put cups of butter and lemon on the table. I used my ghee instead of butter. Then we sat down to eat. Cecily said if she had realized how much I like lobster, she would have it more often. I told her I seldom eat it because I feel bad for the lobster (getting boiled alive). After supper Chris and I packed the car. He put the large flower bouquets in the back seat. We drove over to Dad's house. Dad and Kurt came out to meet us. Between the four of us, all the stuff in the car came in the house. I watered the flower arrangements. The diningroom table was a mess, but it cleaned up rather easily. Kurt and I wanted to clean the kitchen table, but all Dad seemed interested in was eating. He received a gift basket from Mom's doctor. I was surprised that most of the food in it was junk food. Kurt and I looked at Dad's laptop cooler. It needed a cord but we could not find one. Chris and Kurt tried to remove a rogue toolbar from my laptop. Finally it was after midnight EST and we decided to go to bed.
*  The photo display of Mom  *

No comments: