Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Probate and lawyers

I got up about 9. I did not take notes during the day so I am not sure what we did. But I think we got more done today than yesterday. Dad was convinced that the will he got from Faye was not the most recent one. So he spent all morning searching his computer diary for entries about the lawyer. He did not find clues to a new diary so finally called the lawyer and when he got through to them, they did not have her will on file. While waiting for them to call back, we called the county clerk's office to set up an appt. for probation. But we did not get through to them right away either. We went through closets. We finally got an appt with the county clerk's office to file for probate. (It seemed to me she was hinting that maybe we might not want to file.)  Now we need to make a list of any assets that are only in Mom's name BEFORE the appt so they can assess some fee.   We carried dead plants out of the parent's bedroom. Kevin came over to clean and cook. Chris went shopping for a good set of food preparation knives. I taped the photos I found yesterday to the chitboard. I added details to Mom's memorial book. We decided that her book and Grandma's book should have a picture in each one. I watered the funeral bouquets. We got a call back from the forensics unit and Dad got to ask his questions. Kurt, Dad and I took a walk around the neighborhood after dark. Near the end, Patrick spied us walking and scared the dickens out of me when he joined us. He came back to the house where he and Kurt went through a small box of change that my mother collected for some charity the church was involved in. We figured it was Heifer Project, so I went online and made a donation for that amount. If we did more, I don't remember it. Now I am going to bed.
*  Another photo of Mom.  *

No comments: