Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Making progress

The alarm went off at 8, but I turned it off and went back to bed. I could not sleep, so I got up at 9:30. Dad was up and watching TV for the weather. I found more photo albums in the den. Kurt got them down for me to look at. Lots of pictures of my grandparents. Kurt took Dad to the DMV to change the titles on the cars. I stayed behind to do some mending. Kurt had to call me to get the license plate numbers and mileage readings. I ate breakfast, then tried to listen to an audio while checking e-mail. Chris brought the flowers from the dining room table into the kitchen for me. I got out a knife to trim the stems. William insisted that the flowers just needed to be spritzed. So he flicked water on them with his fingers. After he left, I pulled the snapdragons out, trimming their stems before putting them back in the floral foam. I put the flowers in the living room with the matching bouquet which looks a little better. I drank some cruciferous juice, hoping the strong cauliflower taste would have dissipated, but it hadn't. I put the items that William and Kurt collected from her old purses in a box, except for those that needed pitching, or belonged with others of their kind. I kept a pair of sunglass inserts. I trimmed dead stuff from live plants and threw it in the garden. Chris identified a cactus as one that he got from his grandmother, and which my mother had been babysitting since we moved to Korea. We plan to take it home with us. Dad and I made a list of assets from last year's tax form. At 4:30 Dad and I went to the bank to check the lock box for the financial papers to see whose name they were in. We found about half of what we needed. Then we came home to check in other places. Chris went to the store to buy chicken. He cooked it and made rice, too. Chris answered the phone when Faye called. She did not sound good. She had a tick bite that was getting worse and worse. William came over and we all ate. Then William rolled coins into wrappers. I cleaned up the magazines. Dad did something in the kitchen, then got on his computer to determine if today is the day to collate recyclables, and it was, so he started that process. After William left, I was going to vacuum up dust on the magazine table, but I was tired enough that it could wait for tomorrow. Then again, if I am going to be up anyway because Dad is in here sorting recyclables...
*  I would turn this pic if I could   *

No comments: