Saturday, June 7, 2014

Arrangements have been made

I spent much of the night tapping before I went to bed. I slept until 9. I deleted e-mail, and checked for e-mail from family. I called Dad, and talked to Faye. They were looking through photos for pictures of Mom for the service. They could not get in contact with the pastor of the church where they wanted to hold the funeral. I tried to call some of the ladies from the Monday group, but no one answered. Then I called Judy whom I know from Korea. She offered her condolences. I started juicing, then called Marjorie (who called while I was on the phone with Judy). Then I made juice and drank it. I ran the dishwasher. I opened the front door and found a 10 lb bag of diatomaceous earth. I made breakfast and ate part of it. I pulled up some poison ivy growing under a small tree by the patio, but the roots broke off and so it will grow back. I could not find the poison ivy in the iris patch so did not pull it. I sprinkled diatomaceous earth in front of the back door and on the window sill to discourage ants. Denise came over to help me tap and offer support. While she was here, I received several calls. I promised Faye I would send some e-mails and draft an obituary. I found out that the funeral will be on Saturday at 11 at the Mohrsville church.   Denise and I talked, and tapped. It was good to have someone else think of the words for once. After she left, I sent the e-mails and looked up how to write an obituary. I drafted one and sent it to Kurt for his thoughts before forwarding it to Faye and Dad. Then I collected a load of laundry (including sheets for once). There was only enough for one load. I put it in the washer and I called Dad so he would look for my e-mail. He was out walking with William. I searched for how to consume diatomaceous earth. Mary Ann skyped me and we talked for awhile. After she hung up, I made a broccoli smoothie for supper. Then I looked up flights to Richmond. There is a charge for each suitcase. One-stop flights start at $576. The shortest one goes to DC and then to Richmond. I am uncomfortable scheduling a flight, but somehow I have to do it. Now it is time to retire and I still have to re-sheet the bed.
*  These are beet seedlings  *

No comments: