Tuesday, December 22, 2015

An interesting day

I did not get up until 8. Instead of just deleting a bunch of e-mail, I went through most of it and unsubscribed. But I ran out of time, so will have to do it again in a few days. I read some, and put on a short video while I exercised. I plugged in my phone to recharge. I made up supplement doses for the week, and reorganized their storage.
Nela called at 10 to say they wanted to go to Home Plus at 10:30. I got dressed and walked towards Myra's place, then went back to get her ruler that I borrowed. When Nela arrived, we walked down to the bus station. It took so long for bus 305 to arrive that we took bus 317 instead. Jane had said that it stops at the other end of the five-day market. We did not know exactly where that was, but we rode the bus and got off in the vicinity. We had to walk to the next bus stop and then we were on the market street. It looked very different. Some shops were there all the time, but others were closed and there were no street stands. I found sesame seeds at one place. We went into Home Plus. Myra went to the 3rd floor to buy gloves. But we poked around looking at other things. We found a display of Christmas cards, but they were more expensive than Daiso. Then we went to the 1st floor to look at clothing. I had no interest but hung around with them. Then we talked about having lunch. There was no kimbap. We then took the bus to the everyday market. There was a place across the street where we got kimbap before. Nela asked for soup. They said 'no soup, hot water with noodles.' So she had that. Then we went to the market. I was looking for persimmons but it must be the end of the season because they were very expensive. 6 for $5. I was thinking I should have gotten them at the nearby market yesterday. We stopped at Daiso and I went out to look some more. I got some lettuce. Then, at the back of the market, this little old lady had a basket full of persimmons for $3. They looked terrible, but I could not resist a bargain. Then we went to a little everything store. I got tired of all the looking so I said goodbye to my friends and walked back to base. It was a longer walk than I wanted. And the bag of persimmons was heavy. When I got home, I ate the two worst looking ones and they were quite tasty. So I put the rest in the freezer. I washed the pumpkin and sunflower seeds and some cashews. Then I added the chia seeds and sesame seeds. I mixed in three eggs and some spices. I preheated the oven and poured the mixture onto a parchement paper covered jelly roll pan. Then I worked on breakfast until the oven was ready. I popped the tray in the oven and finished making breakfast. I read e-mail until the cracker was ready to come out. But I left it in the oven to get crispier. I read on Facebook that our next door neighbor needed to borrow a microwave until they could replace theirs. So I called her and said she could have our loaner since we just got our regular one. She sent her husband over to pick it up. I jotted some notes for my blog. Chris called from the commissary, then came home with groceries. I took the seed crackers out of the oven. It was very tasty. Too tasty. Chris said it would be good for a Christmas potluck. I did today's Sudoku puzzle and made yesterday's puzzle into a petal. I heated up a bowl of cabbage soup in the toaster oven. I wanted to make a tablet stand. I had a window open to it on my browser. With no printer, I had to enlarge the screen to what seemed right and then trace the pieces onto packing paper. I taped the paper pieces to cardboard and cut them out with a craft knife. The end result was decent, but I did not enjoy the cutting. I laid down on the couch and we watched Star Wars A new Hope. I continued laying on the couch while Chris read interesting Star Wars tidbits from his laptop. And then we went to bed.

No comments: