Sunday, December 6, 2015

Having a ball

We slept in after the alarm. In fact we slept too late for Chris to attend the Catholic service. We got up around 9. I drank water, but not as much as usual. I glanced at e-mail and did my exercises. I got washed up for church. It took me awhile to get dressed. I wanted to wear a dress, but figured pants were better because of the cold and Jane wanting to go to lunch. I could not find the dress pants I wanted. I boiled water for soaking nuts. I found the pants I wanted so I changed my outfit. I bundled up and walked to church, bringing flats in a bag for later. Jane was waiting for me in church. She introduced me to So Yong, and the two of them wanted me to show them how to get to Daegu on the bus. Friday, they said. But after the service, Jane changed it to Wednesday. We made tentative plans to meet at the bus station. Then Chris met us outside the theater. We walked to the front gate. On the way, I told Jane that I wasn't sure I could find the bus station on my own. So she said to meet her at the front gate on Wednesday. Outside the gate, a man from church gave us a ride down the street to the Korean church. We got out and thanked him. Jane said we could wait for the service to end. She had us stand by the wall and took our pic, then had Chris take her photo with me. So Yong came with her family. I told her we wanted to start a group for sewing and she said to put her name on the list. What a great name – So Yong. And she remembered my name from Charlotte's Web. When the doors to the lunch room were opened, we went in and took off our shoes. Jane got us a place at a low table. Then we stood in line to get a meal a lot like last week's. We met more people. So Yong invited me to go swimming with her sometime. But it was at a place past Lotte Mart so it won't be a regular thing. After lunch, Sook was waiting for her husband. We were talking about kimchi and she handed me a bag with a fresh kimchi cabbage in it. She said it was easy for her to get more kimchi. Chris and I walked back to base, and uphill to our place. We read e-mail and I jotted notes for my blog. I attached the shelf in the bathroom to the wall with suction cup hooks. I sent messages to Myra and Nela in case they wanted to go to Daegu also. I made and ate breakfast. I took my supplements. Then we bundled up and walked to the commissary. Nela was there and we talked to her and her husband. We met the head of the commissary and she talked about getting foods from Daegu for those who let her know. We paid for our groceries and walked home with them. After putting them away, we sat at our laptops. I looked for quite some time at a map of bus stops in Jinhae. Using Google Translate, I navigated the site somewhat. I did not find a way to display the route of any particular bus, but I could click on bus stops and see which buses stop there. Then I spent some time folding green squares into diamonds and gluing them into a ball. I took a break to make a salad and eat it. I watched a video interview with a doctor who was talking about endoscopes and sigmoidoscopes being improperly cleaned between patients. He said paracetic acid is the only effective decontamination chemical. We watched an episode of Sharpe's Rifles. Then Chris went to bed and I stayed up just long enough to post to my blog.

No comments: