Tuesday, December 29, 2015

More presents

I did not sleep well last night, so I stayed in bed late. I got up after Chris left, when I remembered that food waste goes on on Tuesday. But when I got up to do it, I saw that Chris had already put it out. I turned on my laptop and drank my quart of water. I finished a holiday card that I started last night. I worked today's Sudoku puzzle. I swished and exercised and tapped. Then I got dressed warmly and took the two cards out to the postal box down the street. It was cold. I walked up the mountain and over to an exercise station where I used the arm machines. They had leg machines too, but just getting there was enough exercise for my legs. Then I walked home. I meditated. I searched online for an answer to a problem: my laptop says it is plugged in but not charging. One of the suggestions was to check for driver updates. So I set it to do that and made breakfast. When I got back, one of the update searches was still searching. I ate my breakfast and read e-mail, listening to an audio. Chris came home as I was getting ready to send a message to SoYoung. He had a big package from Faye, covered in stamps. I opened it to discover coffee, bobby pins, chocolate, a Sudoku desk calendar, Christmas ribbon, a complex coloring book with colored pencils, etc. After Chris went back to work, I gathered objects to put in the recycling bins. I put dishes in the dishwasher. I emptied a box of vhs tapes and CD's. We almost never listen to CD's – why do we have so many? I rebooted my laptop in hopes of getting rid of the 'plugged in but not charging' message. It did not work. I took the battery out and reinserted it. And that did it. I wish I had tried it before I rebooted because I lost my open windows. IE would not let me reopen my last session. I moved a few things from the sewing room to the bonus room. I assembled my boombox, and put it in my sewing room . I played a Christmas CD. I ironed a couple pieces of fabric. Then I realized that the light in the closet was so much brighter than the one in the room. So I ironed by the closet. Chris took one of the doors off so I could be more light. I thought I could get the ironing board in the closet but there was no outlet in there. I came out to the dining room. We composed a holiday message to the Admiral and his wife. Chris picked a nice card. It was too nice to write on, so we auditioned writing papers to go inside for the message. I wrote the message on the paper and put it with the card into the envelop. Then we sat on the couch and watched Johnny Dangerously. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to blog and listen to a relaxing subliminal, hoping for a better night's sleep.
* This is one of the tissue cases I made for the ladies *

No comments: