Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Christmas came early

I got up soon after the alarm. I heard noises but it turned out to be Chris who had gotten up earlier.
I exercised a little, but took it easy because my back hurt. Chris got the call to sign in the moving trucks at the main gate. I made breakfast. The guys with two trucks showed up. Like a kid at Christmas, I wondered why it took so long for them to deliver my 'presents'. Some men brought boxes to the house, while others worked inside, moving the boxes after Chris checked off the numbers. Then they opened the boxes and unpacked some of them. They unpacked the box with my rulers and took all the paper, even the packing paper I had packed for craft usage. They bundled up the packing paper and brown wrapping paper and broke down the empty boxes. They even took the boxes I had saved from the express shipment. I took a quick trip next door to drop off the tissue cases. Myra and Nela were arriving as I left. I had a little trouble with the steps. There were more boxes and Chris checked off numbers although some things did not have numbers. I guess it all worked out. I sat and watched, and answered Chris' questions about where things should be put. After they left, we unpacked boxes in the kitchen. Some of them had gardening tools in with the kitchenware. Yuck. We did not find places for everything. Chris took some stuff out to the shed. Then we turned to the master bedroom. The bed was covered in clothing and pillows and stuff. I put the summer clothes in another room. I piled coats in the closet, hoping to find hangers at some point. Chris layered a baking dish with bacon and put it in the oven. The smell wafted all over the house. When the bed was cleared, we went to the living room. We unpacked boxes of stuff from the computer desk: printer, tower, speaker, monitor, cam, wires, and some more kitchen stuff. Chris took the bacon from the oven. He suggested frying the mushrooms in the bacon grease. I got them from the back room which we hadn't heated. Apparently it was still too warm for the mushrooms. The older ones were moldy. I washed the newer ones and Chris cut them up and fried them. They were delicious. I read some e-mail and learned about the ancient scale based on phi. But the author wanted to sell an e-book with the exact tonal frequencies. I figured I could find them online somewhere, but searched high and low. I took a break to set up my sewing room. I decided that I needed to move the sewing desk to accommodate a shelving unit. But the nightstand was in the way and multiple boxes prevented me from moving it. Chris offered to help, but suggested I eat the salad he prepared first. So I ate that, and searched some more, apparently not finding the right search terms. I couldn't believe that guy was the only person to discover an ancient 10 tone scale. Then we went back to the bedroom to rearrange the boxes, set up a shelving unit, and unpack fabric onto it. He went back to his laptop while I continued to unpack. I was surprised how many boxes did not contain fabric or contained very little fabric. One box had a cooler in it. The cooler was full of fabric scraps. I did not remember doing that and wondered who had. I called Chris back several times to lift boxes or machines. Then we broke for the night and sat on the couch to watch episodes of Castle. I posted to my blog, ready to go to bed. But my laptop would not download pics from my camera, so Chris downloaded them to his, then e-mailed them to me, but they were zipped and I couldn't find them in my files...but he took over and got them in the right place so I could post them for you to see.
* Don't these teacher gift baskets look great? *

No comments: