Sunday, December 13, 2015

At the market with Jane

We slept in after the alarm. Chris got up first. I did some stretching then got up, too. I drank lots of water, and took my vitamin C. Chris left for church as I was starting my exercises. I was achy and did not feel like exercising, but felt the range of motion parts would be helpful. I took a shower ending with a cold rinse. I got dressed and walked to church. Chris and Jane were talking just outside the door. I told her I needed to change after church so we could go to the five-day market. Chris went home, and Jane and I went to church. I got to talk to Kathy, giving her the message that Amy texted me this morning. The service followed the usual order. But instead of a sermon, the chaplain did a slide show on the chapel renovation's progress. After church, Jane and I walked to my place. She got an envelop and stamp from Chris to mail something. I changed my dress to slacks. Then we walked to the main gate. We were going to have lunch at the Korean church, but someone passed us and said there was no lunch today. So we went to the bus stop and caught a bus to the five-day market. It was right across from Home Plus. I wanted to check it for Christmas cards, but it wasn't open. It closes two Sundays a month so people will support the local market. We walked through the market with Jane explaining baskets of things to us. Apparently Koreans will make tea out of just about anything. We saw a woman gutting eels. Jane inquired about the price of a live octopus. It was $50! She bought food items here and there. I got some unsweetened cranberries, sesame oil and sesame seeds. She took us to a hole-in-the-wall restaurant for lunch. We shared 4 rolls of kimbap. It came with fish broth and kimchi. The kimchi was so good that we ordered another roll just so we could finish the little dish of kimchi. Then the owner gave me a small bag of kimchi to take home. On the way back out, we passed a man selling plants and bought a small pointsettia. Then we parted ways to catch different buses. When we got back to the base, it was uphill all the way home. I read e-mail and finished a video on cancer treatment and prevention. Chris laid down for a nap. I put laundry in the dryer. I read e-mail for awhile, then took the fabric out and left the rest to dry some more. I ironed the fabric dry, though it was mostly dry already. The video interview with Wim Hof that I had playing ended. I made up a new batch of supplements for the week. I investigated Wim Hof's breathing method online. His method combines hyperventilation with cold water immersion to beef up the immune system and bring on a feeling of wellbeing. Since Chris wasn't feeling well, I concentrated on videos on the immune system. One recommended oregano oil, so I put a few drops in a glass of water and drank it. I also put hydrogen peroxide in my ears. When Chris got up to have something to eat, I offered him some oil, too. He also wanted peppermint essential oil. I worked on making a bag like Jane's. Chris had measured it before I gave it back to her. I used the measurements to come up with a plan. I did not have a big ruler or cutting mat, so folded the fabric and cut on the fold. It worked better than I thought it would. But when it came time to sew, the machine gave me trouble. When I stepped on the pedal, it groaned and made stitches ending in a thread ball. I found I could sew one stitch at a time using the hand wheel and backing up each time it skipped a stitch. But that just wasn't feasible. I gave up after doing the first seam. I wrote to my blog and went to bed.
* These are mushrooms that Jane bought. *

No comments: