Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Masan Market

I woke up hearing Chris talking to someone on skype. When my alarm went off, I rushed out to shut it off so it would not affect his call, and went back to bed. Later I got up to see him off and start my usual morning. I put out the recyclables. I drank water and swished, and read e-mail. I did my exercises and took a shower. Then I prepared and ate breakfast, keeping an eye on the time. I packed seed crackers for a snack. I counted my money to see if I needed more. Then I dressed in a jogging suit, and ear muffs. I took my cart down to the parking lot, and met the ladies there. I went to the ATM to get more cash, still no one else had joined us even though we posted on Facebook that we were going. We walked out into town to catch the bus to Masan. We got off at the fish market, but went to the right, which was more clothing and jewelry and bags and shoes AND some fabric, I thought we were going to look at fabric, but they stopped to look at scarves and hats and pants and hair bling. I was not interested although I did happen to see the underwear I like at a reduced price so I bought one pair. Later I saw a sweater top that really appealed to me but it was only in one-size-fits-all and there was no dressing room so I didn't want to risk the $20. Finally we got to the fabric street. The first place had a wide variety of fabrics, though nothing that we felt we had to buy. We wandered on. The other stores were smaller and had less variety and were more expensive. None of it was really quilting fabric. Mostly upholstery and drapery. We stopped for lunch in a hole-int-the-wall place. I ordered kimbap of course. I found a nice store with office and craft supplies. We each bought a few items there. Then we went back to the first fabric store. I got some quilted velvet and a scarf panel. On the way back to the bus stop, Nela bought a multi-colored scarf. Myra wanted one but the lady only had one. Myra bought two of something else. Further down, I spotted another multi-color scarf just like Nela's. So Myra got it and I joked that we needed a third one for me so we could be the three musketeers. We walked to the bus stop across the street from where we got off. It took us awhile to realize that the bus (163) did not stop at that spot. We walked to the next bus stop, but it did not stop there either. We went to a further stop and waited. I was so looking forward to sitting down on a heated bus, but it seemed to take forever. And so I really enjoying it when it came. We got on just before 5. I think we got off about 5:30 in Jinhae and walked back to base. Nela left when we got to the school. Myra said we could get together for yoga tomorrow morning. When we passed Myra's place, she got her stuff out of my rolling cart bag and headed home, as did I. Chris was home when I got there, roasting pork in the oven. I added some kimchi to it, a match made in heaven. Mr. Conger came over to return our loaner microwave. Chris and I ate the last two pieces of homemade chocolate. I worked the Sudoku puzzles for today and tomorrow just to finish up the year. I investigated the pricing of quilt basting spray on Jo-anns, Amazon and Eleanor Burns site. Amazon had free shipping and Jo-Anns had a half price coupon. I already had something in my Amazon cart so I looked at the reviews of various sprays, and finally picked one. But when I checked out, Amazon refused to ship it to this address. So I ordered it from Jo-Anns and paid their shipping. Then, I needed another item to get free shipping. Chris suggested a Sharpe movie that we don't have. Actually there are two, anyway, I ordered one new and one used. After I placed the order, Amazon said we qualified for a free digital movie – Kung Fu Panda. But when I tried to redeem the offer, I was informed that it was only available to residents of the U.S. Phooey! Because it was so late, Chris connected my laptop to the TV and we watched an episode of Big Bang Theory before going to bed.
* This is Korean patchwork that we saw in a window *

No comments: