Monday, December 14, 2015

Making potholders

I got up when my alarm went off because I was already awake and Chris was up. I put on an audio from the cancer summit, and did my exercised, boiled coffee, etc. Faye skyped me. She showed me her 'new' coat from the thrift shop. Chris left for work. I finished my detox. One of the interviews talked about how sunscreen is killing the coral. Another mentioned 'screen dermatitis', a condition some people got from sitting in front of a computer screen too long, exposing them to radiation. I saw a spider in the tub and made a mental note to mention it to Chris. After hearing Wim Hof talk about the benefits of cold exposure, I decided to stand outside in my barefeet for 5 minutes. It was 50 degrees and raining. I got bored after 2 minutes and came in. Chris came home from work while I was out there. He evicted the spider for me. He had boxes from the post office. One was a wrapped gift from Cecily. Another was from Hancocks, which was fabric and was also from Cecily. The third was from Swansons and contained supplements and jojoba oil. I put some of the jojoba oil on my ear. I finished today's Sudoku puzzle. I tried making another pot of tea from the buds at the five-day market. I read more e-mail. I did a few chores. I contemplated going into the market, but it was a rainy day. Eventually I called Myra. She and Nela were making Christmas potholders for the teachers. So I grabbed some fabric and went over to her house. I helped sew a folded star potholder. She and Nela had decided to make easier ones after that. Nela left to cook supper. Myra and I talked a little longer and then I went home. I had some chicken for supper and a persimmon. Then Chris came home. We each made a salad. Myra had lent me a new bobbin case to try in my machine. When I took out my bobbin case, I realized that what I needed was a new shuttle. So I ordered one on Amazon. I read about maqui berries having a huge ORAC score so I looked into buying the powder. It's expensive! I cut a 10 inch square from a piece of Christmas fabric. Using needle and thread, I sewed lace to opposite ends. I wrapped it around a toilet paper tube and sewed down the side. Chris and I watched an episode of Sharpe's Rifles. Poor Sharpe. The author has killed off his first wife, had his second wife run off with all his money to the arms of another man, let his mother die of the pox, and now killed his newly discovered brother. And his reputation is totally discredited. I think authors should treat their protagonists better. I looked around for something to tie the lacy ends with. I found one gold twist tie, but not the other. I took a pic of it to post to my blog. And then it was time for bed.

No comments: