Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Getting ready for tomorrow

I slept ok, only waking a few times due to heat. I heard the alarm at 7:30 but did not get up until 8. Then I rushed to get the food waste container out to the street. I drank vinegar water and turned on my laptop. I deleted a bunch of e-mail and exercised. I swished and made breakfast. I ate breakfast, intending to only eat part of it then go meet my friends at 9:30. But Skype told me my dad was online. This was a first, so of course I sent them a message that I would be late and called my father. At first I could hear him but he couldn't hear me. He poked around and managed to turn the sound off so I couldn't hear him either. I sent messages to family members on the east coast who could call him, but they were not online. So I wrote on the back of an envelope that he should call Kurt for help. He hung with me then, so presumably he did call. Then I called Nela. They were uphill from me, brushing the path with bamboo rushes. I walked down there. Nela found me a rush and we all brushed leave and needles and acorns from the path. They had swept it yesterday so it wasn't bad. Myra said if the base had a leaf blower she would clear the path every day. The problem was that the pine needles get wet and make the path slick. In some places it is very steep and so not safe when slick. We swept all the way up the hill to behind my place. Then we walked down the steps behind my house. I stayed but they went back to get Myra's coffee cup. I told Myra to call me when she wanted her hair cut. I went inside to get my camera. I wanted to show Linda next door the pic of baskets we saw at E-Mart. I deleted the pics in front of it on my camera, but went one too far. Sigh. So I got a pad of paper and went next door. She gave me her e-mail and phone number. We talked a little about the baskets. Then I came home and e-mailed her the picture. I had a snack and took the rest of my supplements. I checked e-mail. I meditated. I took several bags and headed to the bank. It was closed. I tried the ATM, but I memorized the pin number incorrectly. I went to the commissary for pickles, garlic and chia seed. Then I went to the post office. I put the brick on the step stool. It was just enough so I could see the numbers on the combination lock on the mailbox. I put in the combination but it didn't open. I did it again. The lady at the desk caught my attention. She had two boxes for me. She came out and asked me for the combination. Then she opened my box and handed me the mail. Why it did not work for me was a mystery. I carried my boxes up the hill toward home. Patricia was driving down the hill. She stopped to offer me a ride and we talked about going to Daegu and Changwon. Then she went on and I went home. I put the groceries away. I looked all over the place for the paper with the pin number on it. When I found it, it was quite similar to what I had typed in. I did some tapping with an audio in today's e-mail. I walked to the secondary ATM to get cash for tomorrow. Instead, it told me the account was not authorized. So I went to the primary ATM. Same message. But the bank was open. So I went in and spoke to the teller. She checked and said we did not have a checking account, only a savings one. So I went back to the ATM and selected savings account. Then it gave me the cash I requested. I walked home. I brought in the food waste container (which must have been emptied sometime in the afternoon) . I tied the sofa ends together with twine. I cut a piece to use for securing a box on my rolling cart for tomorrow. I filled a bowl with hot soapy water and washed dishes. I minced several garlic cloves and added it to the hummus. I put some mystery berries in a coffee pot of water to make tea. I ate the rest of the celery with hummus. I looked at handmade ornaments online. I shredded some kohlrabi. Most of it went into a jar with the kimchi, which I cut up with scissors. Then I shredded one of the large Korean carrots. I mixed in leafy greens and small tomatoes and some red bell pepper. I put sesame oil and vinegar on it, then topped it with sunflower seeds and pumpkin seeds. I ate that while watching episodes of Sanford and Son. I cleaned off half of the dining room table and got out some fabric and my small cutting mat and Myra's ruler. I pulled out the drawing I had made of the wallhanging I had seen online. But I was unable to find three fabrics that fit the requirements for blending and contrast. I eliminated more e-mail. I partially assembled breakfast so I could be ready to go to Daegu by 8:30. I posted to my blog and went to bed.
* I didn't take any pictures today, so here is one of my ornament before I glued it together. *

No comments: