Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Successful shopping

I slept in late, not sure why. I got up when Chris left, about 8:15. I drank, exercised, swished, etc. Then I got dressed and went walking up the mountain using the steps and then the road. I was going to walk down using the path, but as careful as I was, I slipped and landed hard. For a moment I thought my wrist was broken but the pain diminished quickly. I scooted back up on my bum, then walked back the way I had come. It was a good think I did not need help, because Chris was at the Change of Command ceremony. I checked e-mail and did some tapping. I made and ate breakfast. I looked around and saw the mess this place was in and wondered if it was worth organizing when our household goods will be arriving tomorrow; so it will all have to be re-organized. When Chris did not come home for lunch, I called Nela to see what the ladies were doing. She said they were going to meet at the commissary, so I bundled up and walked down there. I found Myra in aisle 4. Nela came along shortly. When they were in the check out line, I ducked into the PX to see if they had thin Christmas ribbon. They had wrapping paper, but that was it. Not even bows. I got back to the commissary in time to help Myra put her groceries in her car. Then Nela put hers in. We drove to Nela's place and helped carry her food to her door. Then we went to Myra's place. I helped her carry her stuff down the steps to the apartment building and then up the steps to her apartment door. She put the groceries away and I started sewing on the potholders that we were working on last night. When Nela came over, we walked to Housing. I gave them So Yung's information on her apartment. Myra showed me the room upstairs that she said was great for sewing. Then we walked into town. At one store I bought some decorative stickers for above the fireplace and a glue stick. We looked in several other stores. I even got some fabric at the fabric booth. When we got to Daiso, we found Korean Christmas cards. There wasn't a great selection, but it was enough. I also found something to take the place of ribbon, a box made of bag-handle material, potpourri, and pocket TISSUES. Myra spotted them even though the clerk told me they did not have them. We walked back to the base, or at least the grocery store near it. Nela and Myra got a box of tomatoes to share. I bought some pomegranates (after reading about the health benefits). Then I heard someone calling my name. It was Jane and she was so glad to see me. She had come early and needed to while away over an hour till we were supposed to meet for the concert. So I signed her on post and we walked to my place. We had snacks and tea. I showed her how to fold the paper flowers, using blue paper. Chris came home. I put on nicer pants. I cut fabric rectangles to make tissue covers. I discovered that there were only 6 in the package. Chris wasn't hungry because of the reception after the change of command ceremony. Jane called her taxi friend to take us to the concert. We bundled up and walked out. I had trouble walking down the steps because my back started aching. It was a bad sign. Still, I went down to the front gate to sign Jane out. Then she and Chris went in the taxi to the concert and I walked back. I sat on a bench to rest and them slowly made my way up the hill. When I got in, I rubbed some arnica on my back, and some lavender oil on my head. Then I laid on the couch with all the pillows under my knees. I nearly fell asleep. Then I rolled over on my side for a while. When I was feeling better, I got up to have supper. I pinned the rectangles together. I struggled to sew them with the machine. Then I pressed them and turned them right side out and put the tissues in. Then I filled the fabric-wrapped tube from yesterday with potpourri and tied it shut with red cord. I took a break to read e-mail. I opened the mail. There was a card from Chris' parents and one from the Admiral and his wife. I washed all the dishes. I put away all the fabric lying around, and the trim and lace and such. I put the iron and ironing board with the other loaner items. When Chris wasn't home by 10:30, I was particularly glad that I did not go. I folded a few more blue squares. I got out the Christmas cards, but was pretty tired by then, so I posted to my blog. Chris came home, and I went to bed.
* This is the box made of webbing. I think I can dismantle it and use the webbing for bag handles *

No comments: