Thursday, December 17, 2015

We had snow!

Last night I put the new shower filter in water to soak. When I got up this morning, I realized that I had not made it submerge so I added water and soaked it some more. I wanted Chris to install it but he was dressed by then. He bundled up for work because there was snow on the ground. My computer had rebooted during the night so I had to sign in again. I read e-mail while I drank and swished, looking at the incredible mess of boxes and paper. It occurred to me in the middle of the night that our stuff might have been repacked (and maybe sorted through). I searched my blog for the entry but could find no clues to whether they put the initialed stickers on the crate before it left. I remember signing the stickers, but they did not put them on right away. Chris said the stickers were on when he saw the crates yesterday.
I laid down after assembling short bookcases in the sewing room and putting smaller stuff on them. I got up when I heard my phone ring. Nela was calling for a phone number. I had to hang up to obtain the number from my phone. After I gave it to her, I made and ate breakfast. Chris came home for lunch. I asked him to lift a box and he did. He also screwed in the shower filter. But we could not get more than a trickle of water from it. I ate a pomegranate. Then he went back to work. I did more unpacking, hung a curtain to protect the fabric from light. I read e-mail. Nela called to say we were meeting at Myra's house. I got dressed up in my red coat and walked to Myra's place. Along the way, I discovered my coat had no pockets. Nela came shortly after. We went to the front gate. I noticed that the waistband of the black hose I was wearing (instead of socks) was sliding down. We went to the everyday market. I bought a pair of socks, then went in the restroom to take off the hose that had slid to mid-thigh. Then we investigated what looked like a toy store, but in the back had all kinds of things. I bought hangers and a highlighter. We went to Daiso where I bought more tissue packs. We looked at the interesting different kinds of snacks. Then we walked back, stopping at the GS 25. Then we went to the corner grocery store. No tissues there. Nela got some ice creams for her son. Finally we were back on base. The ladies went to the commissary but I went to the ATM to restock and then home. I read e-mail and made a salad. Chris came home and made himself a burrito to eat while he read e-mail. About 6:15 I got up to get ready for caroling. I had been looking forward to it. But as I put on my shoes and coat and scarf and looked for my earmuffs, shoving gloves in my pockets, I realized my back hurt. I sat and did some tapping. I decided to walk down to the chapel and if I did not feel better, I could come right back. I never made it out the door. I laid on the couch, disappointed and frustrated. Chris did a Youtube search for Christmas carols, then came and sat with me. We sang songs together. It was very nice. Then we watched two episodes of Castle, the second one marked 'To be continued”. Arrrrgh! I got up and posted to my blog. Chris waited up for me.

No comments: