Monday, December 7, 2015

She is an artist

I decided to have a short coffee morning. I exercised and drybrushed. I listened to two audios. I finished early. Swansons was running a special that ended Sunday night in the states, so I placed a quick order. I called Nela and she said they were on the trail. So I walked up the hill behind our place to meet them. We walked and swept all the way to Nela's house. Suzanne invited us all to a cookie swap at her house. I did not know what to say. Nela went home and I went to Myra's house. We decided to go to the gym to talk to the MWR guy. We were told to come back at 1. I went home for breakfast. Chris was just coming home for lunch. Then I walked toward the gym, but Myra met me on the way. Several men came in two trucks to do maintenance. We decided to get them to do her apartment first and then we'd have the afternoon free. She showed me two quilts she had just tied. But the work was taking a while. And Chris called to say someone would be coming by our place to put in an adapter so the shower head filter would fit. So I went home to wait. I played with fabric combinations for a baby quilt since a lady here is having twins. Myra thinks we could each make one with same fabric but different patterns. My doorbell rang. The man said he was here to check the toilet. He flushed it and said it was fine. I showed him how it was hard to flush on the water saver option. He indicated that he would replace it. I showed him the filter shower head and tried to explain that I needed a male to male adapter. He left, taking the shower head with him. I called Chris to say I wasn't sure he was bringing it back. I got on my computer to pull up a picture of what I wanted so he would know. I jotted some notes for my blog. The man did come back, and with the shower filter head and a toilet part. He replaced the flush button. Then another man showed up, one that spoke English. I showed them the picture of the adapter. When I mentioned buying a filter to fit the shower head, then they understood. He put the adapter on and looked at me quizzically because the shower head was now on a hand-held flexible tube. But that was all that was installed, so I nodded. They left. I called Myra and she said Nela was painting her nails. So I took my dot fabric over to Myra's house. Nela had done an amazing job. I took a pic of her nails. The three of us went to the gym to talk to Tony. We told him we were looking to reserve a room for sewing groups and for MWR to plan a trip to Japan for the quilt festival in January. Then we went back to Myra's place. We pulled fabrics out of Myra's collection to coordinate with the Carle dots. Nela had to leave to make supper. Myra and I kept talking, but then I left, too. I went back to our quarters. I ate the last piece of chicken, and read e-mail. I listened to an audio and worked on my green star ball. I wondered how it would be possible to get the last piece woven in. Chris came home and fixed himself a burrito. He made another dish of chicken. I ordered cocoa butter and and a shower filter from Amazon. Then we watched an episode of Sharpe's Rifles. Chris went to bed, and I stayed up to post to my blog.

1 comment:

Alice Watson said...

I hope you and your friends are able to get a room reserved so you can have scheduled quilting time with friends. So glad you have found the people in your life there who also quilt.
Our group had their Christmas Party today, but I didn't go. I woke up with a terrible sinus headache, and a bit down. I am kind of a bah-humbug Christmas person, even all around me seem so cheerful. I think I have always been this way. Your friend who did her own nails is truly an artist!