Friday, February 17, 2017

A long day

I woke up several times during the night. Chris left before 6, but I don't know exactly when. I got up before 7:30. I put on a playlist of Carpenter songs while I did several Sudoku puzzles and drank water. I found my tablet and got it set up. I dressed and fixed my hair. I ate some seed crackers. I dusted the floors.
My tapping buddy called me on Skype. It was her turn to be the client so I was the leader. After the call, I made and ate breakfast. Soon Chris came home for lunch. I did not want to listen to some of the audios in my inbox in front of Chris. If they say things he doesn't agree with, it makes him angry. But he said it was a nice day and I should go out. So I called Dynee but she wasn't home. Then I called Myra. She said her husband was going running so she could go walking with me. I sewed until she called to say she was ready.
We walked out in town to the everyday market. We looked at lots of things. I bought strawberries and carrots and cucumbers and peppers. The plant place had just put out pansies so I got some of those, too. Myra stopped at the fabric place for some pre-quilted yardage.
We walked back to base. She sat at the bus stop with my bags while I went to the corner market for lettuce. Then we went on base together. We each went home to have a bite to eat. I put my veggies in the fridge. I sat down to eat a carrot and called her. I met her at the top of the hill. She was eating a pear. I finished my carrot as we walked to the FFTC. I gave her my portion of the bus fare and she paid MWR for the bus trip next week.
We walked out to the Eco park and walked around the lake several times. Then we headed back. We walked down in the canal to avoid the wind, and were a little turned around when we came back up. But we found our way back to post. We talked a little longer and then went home separately.
I wished I had opened the windows earlier when it was 60 degrees, but decided better late than never. I opened a window in each room. I sat down at my laptop to check e-mail. Chris came home from work. He was not pleased that the windows were open. I was enjoying the fresh air, but agreed to close the windows in half an hour. We talked for awhile and then I closed the windows. I made myself a salad with fresh raw garlic after reading about the health benefits of fresh garlic. I put the food waste in the container and placed it by the door. Chris exchanged light bulbs between the bedroom and the cutting room so the brighter one would be in the cutting room. We continued to read e-mail as we ate. I did some tapping on an old memory. I jotted some notes for my blog. Then we watched two episodes of Merlin. Chris went to bed. I followed him, but did not stay. I had to stay up for a skype call. I plugged in my tablet to top off the charge. I posted to my blog so I could go straight to bed after the call.
* Pinwheels along the canal. *

No comments: