Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Getting ready for the trip

I woke up hearing Chris' alarm. He went back to sleep so I think I did too, eventually. But mostly I was awake, off and on. I heard him leave for work and tried to rouse myself. So at that point I wasn't wide awake, but groggy, which is unusual. I did a little tapping and got up. It was only 8:30, not as bad as I feared. I drank my quart of water while reading e-mail and listening to interviews. I took a packet of vitamin C. I texted Terri to see if she wanted to go to the sauna but she had other plans. So I called Myra and she was busy in the morning, but was available to go to the market in the afternoon. We were invited to a friend's birthday party so I looked up her Facebook page to see what she likes. There were lots of pictures of food, and she mentioned wine. I made and ate breakfast.

Chris came home early for lunch and asked me to make him a loaf of bread and get change. He packed his suitcase. I washed up and got dressed. I walked over to Myra's house to give her her wide-mouth canning jars back. We walked out to the traditional market. I bought apples, peppers, carrots and strawberries. Then we went to Daiso. I got a bag as a birthday gift. When we got back to base, Dynee passed us walking up the hill. She gave me a ride home. I put the food away and ate the rest of the previous batch of strawberries while reading e-mail. Chris came home to put away his loaf of bread, and to get the change from the food I bought. The taxi arrived and I opened the door so he could carry his luggage out. I spent the rest of the afternoon reading wine and age quotes, looking for something to embroider on the bag for the friend who likes wine.
I had some rare beef for supper. I worked several Sudoku puzzles while watching TQS. I finished the second Sudoku puzzle, then made a list of things for tomorrow morning. I finished sewing the binding on the fish practice quiltlet.
Chris called in the middle of it to say that he had arrived at the hotel in Seoul. He agreed to call me at 6:30 to wake me up for the bus trip. After the call, I finished handsewing, then took the item back to the sewing room. I sewed the 6 seams I had pinned days ago on another quilt and pressed them. It was almost 11, so I stopped at that point. I made a list of what Nicole wants for her blankets. I put all the won we have left in my wallet to buy the blankets if I find them. Part of me is hoping I don't because carrying them around will be awkward. I called up an online alarm clock with my laptop and set it for 6:25 in case Chris forgets to call. I wrote up my blog post for the day and went to bed.
* photo is from the TIQF *

No comments: