Monday, February 20, 2017

Banana-oatmeal cookies

I stayed in bed late, trying to get as much sleep as possible. I kept waking up and dozing off. It was the next best thing to sleeping a full night. But I would have gotten up earlier if I had known what time it was. Because Chris did not go to work, I had no time reference. It was 10:30 when I got out of bed. Chris gave me a big hug and hoped I slept well. I got started on my Monday morning routine of exercise and meditation. I started cleaning afterward. The kitchen was a big job because of the bone broth boiling over. Then I made and ate breakfast. I checked e-mail and read that GM apples are finally hitting select markets – The Artic Golden Delicious apple. But they will not be marked as genetically modified.
I made banana oatmeal cookies, throwing in some cinnamon, almonds and chocolate powder. I carefully formed them on the cookie sheet. It was too easy. Then I remembered the egg. I picked them all up, put them back in the bowl and cracked in an egg. I ran the mixer again until it was all blended. Now it was sticky! Forming the cookies was much harder. It made 19 cookies. I put them in the oven at 350. I set the timer for 10 minutes. Then I called Myra to see how long she bakes hers. But she said she doesn't time them, she just keeps checking. Well, having put cocoa powder in them, they looked burnt even before they went in the oven. After 10 minutes, I gave them five more. Chris and I shared one, not sure if it was quite done. So I turned off the oven and left them inside. Later, I took them out and put them in a bag – except for one that I ate.
I had some rare roast beef, and then I made a salad. I worked several Sudoku puzzles while listening to audios. I checked e-mail occasionally. I tried to work on my sewing, but I wouldn't let myself because I hadn't written the Facebook post for the bus trip. I had been putting it off all day. Finally I composed it in e-mail, then transferred it to the community Facebook page. Then we watched two episodes of Merlin. I worked on my blog post, then looked up a picture for the community page. I posted it, shut down my computer and went to bed. Only then I did remember that I hadn't actually posted to my blog. So I got back up to finish the post and put it up for you to read. Now if only I could put myself to sleep as quickly as I do my laptop...
* Here is another picture from the quilt show. *

No comments: