Friday, February 10, 2017

Finishing up the fishies

I woke up when Chris came home from his 2 hour workout. Apparently he was looking for another workout. Then he took a shower and got dressed for work. He took breakfast and coffee with him. It was after 8 so I just stayed up. I drank a quart of water and read e-mail. I watched a video on fighting cancer with anti-angiogenic foods. I finished the quilt binding on Spawn while watching the rest of the quilting video from yesterday.
Chris came home for lunch and there was no mail. I put on my quilting gloves and worked on Chum. Dynee came over to ask a question about the border for her quilt. I looked up printable Sudoku grids online. I found a nice one, but it was black and I could not find a way to change it to another color. So I searched for green ones. The results were not what I was looking for. But I did a search on orange and found one. I replicated it to make a set of 4, then printed it out. I copied in the digits from one in the book that I messed up. I spent some time getting it all figured out. I checked e-mail again. I watched a Netflix video called “Minimalism”. It was sort of a documentary of two men who wrote a book on living with minimal stuff.
Then I went back to free-motion quilting Chum. I changed threads, then changed machines. I changed threads again, and tried embroidery thread. But it still shredded. But by that time, I was finished. I was also confused because I have done free-motion quilting before and did not have the skipped stitches and shredded thread.
I cut two strips of black for the binding. I sewed them on, but did not have enough so I had to cut another one and pieced it in. I handstitched part of it to the back, until the length of thread ran out. I thought I ought to save the job for sewing class because it is handwork but was not sure I could resist finishing it.
But I did resist it, at least for the rest of the day. I warmed some water in the teapot, then poured it on a towel laid on my cutting mat to condition it. I read e-mail and watched the short videos that came with them. Chris came home around 8. He told me what was discussed at the school meeting two nights ago. I made and ate a salad. I started reading a quilting magazine. Chris got ready to watch Merlin, and we saw one episode. Then Chris went to bed. I stayed up to blog.
* The quilt named Spawn *

No comments: