Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Sewing and spinning

I woke up early, hot and cold at the same time, covered in sweat. I stayed in bed trying to sleep. At times I must have because I remember telling Chris that parts of his hair were yellow and glowing. That HAD to be a dream. He left early to go to work for an international call.
When I finally got up, it was almost 9. I read e-mail while drinking a quart of lemon water. I put on some old music. I made seed crackers. While they baked, I cleaned the kitchen counters (again). I made breakfast and refilled containers. I put cans of coconut milk on the stove to warm up so the cream part would liquefy. (When I add them to my batch of fermented coconut, the cream is in one solid plug.) I had a small spoonful of raw honey that I had ordered online. When the honey part melted in my mouth, I was left with a bit of wax in my mouth. I chewed and chewed. It was like gum but would not quite stick together. I had to spit it out. I ate breakfast while reading e-mail and tapping with some of the articles.
I got dressed and packed up all my stuff and went to sewing class. I had to tiptoe through the chapel to get to the classroom because someone was in a pew. I started getting the machines and notions out. Dynee came in and she was upset. I gave her a hug and she told me her problem. Myra arrived and listened too. As others arrived, we put the issue aside. Out came the machines and cutting mats. Ladies sat down to sew. Some of them paid for the bus trip next week. Kids ran around and under the tables. I went looking for paper. The office was closed for lunch so I pulled out two sheets from a trash can in the other classroom. I went through all the notions and made a list of which ones were mine so we could replace them from the market next week. Then I worked on the binding of Chum. Chris arrived at some point and gave me the cracked oven light cover. He said he had gone to Housing but they were closed. He asked me to go there after sewing class. I tied a piece of thread around it to hold it together. But Myra picked it up later and it fell into 4 or 5 pieces. Later I put it in a small ziplock bag.
3Pm came and went. Those who were sewing packed up. Lacey had brought her spinning wheel. She spun during class, then took it all home with her. Some of us stayed behind to talk about the bus trip. It was almost 4 when we left. As Myra and I walked down the street, a car pulled up. It was Scott. He gave us a ride, dropping me off at Housing. I handed the plastic bag of glass pieces to the man behind the desk. He conferred with his coworker, then told me that they did not have that piece. And that the person who works at the warehouse was off today. I asked if I could use the oven without it and he said he didn't know. Since I just made seed crackers without it, I guessed it was not critical. I went home.
I had some chicken and the rest of the ham with kimchi. I sat down to look into Dynee's issue. I then continued with reading e-mail. Chris came home for supper. I finished a long list of EFT articles. When Chris was ready, we watched one episode of Merlin. Then he went to bed. I stayed up to blog and read a few more articles.
* This is Dynee's quilt top *

No comments: