Monday, February 27, 2017

Quilting practice

I slept fairly well last night, not waking cold (or hot). But I still woke up early and could not go back to sleep. Chris did not get up at 5 to work out. I heard him go to work. I got up a little later to start my day. I discovered that he had put beans in the crockpot to cool. I drank half the usual water. I listened to an NLP audio while exercising and drybrushing and rebounding. Then I put on some meditation music for my coffee morning. It was very relaxing. Myra came by two hours later, just to say hi. I showed her my sandwiched top. Then I started the cleaning routine. First the bathrooms, and then the kitchen. I listened to more NLP audios. I emptied the dishwasher. I cut up a whole ginger root and put it in the teapot. (Since the roots always go moldy before I finish them, I decided to use a whole root to make a concentrated tea which I could then put in an ice cube tray for later.) I folded laundry and put mine away.
Chris came home for lunch. He brought me a box from Swansons. I opened it and forgot what I did with it.
I discovered that the bottom of my handbag was full of epsom salt. I guess the container from Thursday hadn't been empty after all. I could not put it back in the big container because it was dirty. So I sat and picked the dirt out of it. Most of it went into next week's little tub, but the dirty stuff got swept up and put in water for the plants.
Then I took my quilt to the back. I practiced moving the fabric faster under the needle so the stitches wouldn't be so small. But that gave me skipped stitches. I got the idea to clean my machine. I took it apart and ran q-tips into all the crevices, pulling out hunks of lint. I listened to an audio on the dangers of aspartame. When it was over, I finished cleaning my machine and brought the laptop back to the living room to plug in.
I had a bite of kimchi and later noticed feeling jittery. I made and ate breakfast to stop the jitters. I read some e-mail and watched some short quilting videos. I came across a sewing project that uses a #10 can. I went through my recyclables and collated them, forgetting I was looking for a #10 can. I pulled out a number of plastic caps suitable for another sewing project. I came back to my laptop and the project page reminded me that I was looking for large cans. The biggest can we had was a coffee can and it wasn't big enough.
I ate a carrot while clearing more e-mail. Chris came home from work about 6:30. He put a can of tomatoes into the bean soup. I read e-mail for awhile, then had a bowl of the soup. It was very good. As I ate, I listened to audios from the Age without Borders Summit. When I was ready to watch TV, I queued up Merlin. Chris wasn't quite ready so I went into my sewing room to try quilting now that the lint was cleaned out. It worked great. I quilted spirals with no problem. I changed the needle and left it unthreaded for later practice on the actual quilt. Then I came back to my laptop to jot a few notes before watching TV. Chris hooked up my laptop to the TV and we watched two episodes of Merlin. Then he went to bed so he could get up early and work out. I stayed up to answer my brother's e-mail and to post to my blog.
* Father Mark is showing Chris the video of Chris leading singing in church. (taken at the party) *

No comments: