Sunday, February 5, 2017

Holey fish!

We got up around 8. I drank water, and listened to an audio from The Winter of Wellness Weekend. She talked about microbes in the dirt, and that our microvirome is as important as the microbiome. I sewed on the last two pieced border strips. I took the corners apart several times because the triangles did not match. Then I took a shower, and sewed some more. I got dressed just as Chris arrived home from church. He drove me to the chapel. I realized I was wearing a dress I had forgotten to hem. I talked to a few people before church started. Ms. Pae sat with me. The lesson was from Exodus, the story of Moses. The chaplain said that the name Moses was probably short for a longer Egyptian name. After church, I talked to Suzanne until Chris showed up. We walked to the commissary still talking to Suzanne. Inside the commissary there were more people to talk to. But finally we got some shopping done. We took our groceries home. Chris put food away while I changed my clothes. I helped him put away the last of the comestibles. He chopped up onions and carrots and stuffed them in a chicken while I cut up the rest of the ham and put it in a smaller container. The chicken went into the ham roasting pan to take advantage of the fat and juice on the bottom. He put it in the oven while I went back to sewing. I cut outer border strips and sewed them together. I measured the quilt top down the center and it was 86 cm. So I cut two lengths of border to that measurement and sewed them to each end. Then I cut 96 cm borders for the top and bottom. Chris went to work. I kept the laundry going and later took the chicken out of the oven. I ate some and took a break to check e-mail. I squared up the edges of the quilt top. I chose a fabric for the back. It needed piecing so I straightened the edges and sewed the two pieces together. Then it was ready to sandwich, but I wasn't. I started going through the leftover pieces, pitching the smallest ones, keeping some for future rugs, and saving the rest together in a bag. I spent way too long making as many leftover squares into blocks as I could. Chris came home from work and ate some chicken. I got some gray thread and a fine needle to sew the holes in the quilt. We watched an episode of Merlin while I sewed the holes closed. Then Chris went back to his computer. I continued sewing until I finished. Then I did two Sudoku puzzles. Chris went to bed. I finished the Swansons order I started days ago. Then I typed up my blog so I could go to bed.

No comments: