Sunday, February 12, 2017

Moses = Senmut = Thutmose II?

I got up just after 8 to drink lemon water and check e-mail. Chris put the sheets in the laundry, then took his shower, got cash from me for the offering and went to church.
I listened to an interview with Cal Newport. He talked about how being able to work without distraction is a competitive advantage. Some companies have gone to no e-mail to reduce distractions. Communication is overdone. Schedule time for each task. At night, go through the list of 5 (I missed them) then you can assure your brain that it's ok to shut off for the night. Train your brain not to go looking for input at the first sign of boredom.
At 9:35 I took my shower and got dressed. I read e-mail for a bit then called him. He was on his way so I met him at the curb. He picked up up there and dropped me off at church. I sat in my usual place. The sermon was from the second half of the second chapter of Exodus: Moses leaving Egypt. After church, I called Chris to come get me. I walked as I waited, almost reaching the corner. We went home and I changed clothes. I ate several pieces of banana-oatmeal cookie. Then we went to the commissary for groceries. They were all out of distilled water and the roasted sunflower seeds I wanted. But Kim found a can of seeds for me. I bought it without looking at the label. When we got home, I emptied the grocery bags. I read the label, and the seeds were coated in spices, sugar and natural flavor. So I washed them before I ate them. I made and ate my breakfast while Chris hardboiled eggs for the week.
I looked up information on Moses. What I read did not jive with what the chaplain said. Some sources say he was rescued by Hatshepsut and was then known at Senmut. She rescued him because her father did not have a male heir.
Chris came home from work while I was eating cashews with grass-fed butter. He put the clean sheets on the bed. He put chicken in the oven. We sat and talked for some time. I searched through my sewing room for my Wonder Clips but did not find them. I pulled some blue fabrics out to cut 6 1/2 inch squares for Evelyn's project. Then we had chicken for dinner. I made and ate a salad. We read e-mail, then watched two episodes of Merlin. I finished reading about the progression of leadership in ancient Egypt. Chris went to bed. I posted to my blog and joined him.
* pic from the quilt show *

No comments: