Saturday, February 11, 2017

Dueling Pianos

I got up at 8:45. I swished while reading e-mail. Chris suddenly went to work. I was unable to ask him why. Then I drank a quart of water. I took a packet of vitamin C. I continued to read e-mail, looking for ones to unsubscribe from. Then I listened to interviews as I vacuumed the rug and mopped the floors. Chris came home to eat lunch and then went to the gym. I decided to clean the refrigerator. I called Myra to ask how to get the shelves out, but she said she cleans them in place because the door won't open wide enough. That was my problem too. I managed to get them out, one at a time. I washed the shelves and bins in the sink, but could not get them back in. I had to pull the fridge forward to be able to open the door. Chris called to say he would meet me at the concert in the gym. So I put on my heaviest coat and walked down there. CabinFever was just wrapping up. I talked to a few people as I walked down the aisle of chairs. Then I sat down front. This was not a good idea because it was right in front of the left speaker. The CO announced the Dueling Pianos. It was two men who played keyboard and piano, joking as they went. They had a stack of requests, and more came in during the show. There was a lot of audience participation. They played old songs and new songs and kid songs. They invited the kids to come up front and do the Hokey Pokey. But when it was done, some of the kids wouldn't leave. And their parents did not come get them, even though some of them were playing with the lights and wires and sitting on the stage. It was very distracting to me. The two men had it worked out that they would play a song and stop to hear the audience continue singing, but so often I did not know the words or was not loud enough to be heard. Then they called for one of the dads to come up. But no one would. So I tapped Chris and he went up. They dressed him up like Elton John and had him pretend to play keyboard and sing Benny and the Jets and then Crocodile Rock. He was great! Getting a pic of him was hard because the kids were in the way. Everyone gave him a big hand of applause. And the music continued. I was impressed that the men kept up a lively show in the face of such a small audience. But they did well. Afterward, Chris and I spoke to them, telling them so and thanking them for coming to Chinhae. Chris had them autograph a picture and posed with them for one for MWR. Then we walked home. Since the men had played “Its all about that bass”, Chris called up the Star Wars parody on Youtube and we watched that. Then I cleaned the shelves in the fridge door. I ate the remaining dates from an old package I found. I made and ate a salad while watching a PBS documentary called “Alzheimers: Every Minute Counts”. It spoke about the plight of caregivers and the financial cost. After reading a few more e-mails, I called up Netflix and started watching a video about puppies. Then Chris got ready to watch Merlin. He plugged my laptop into the TV and started the next episode. We watched two of them. He went back to his laptop and I typed up the events of the day. I downloaded and cropped the pics I took at the concert. Only one had any potential for my blog, so here it is.
* Doesn't Chris look smashing in the sequined outfit? *

No comments: