Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Missed it by that much

I woke up from dreaming about Avogadro's number. In my dream it was a multiplier of squared ratios. (I later found out that there is a Mole Day in his honor.) Chris was gone, but then I heard him come back from his workout. I tried to go back to sleep and might have. After he got dressed for work and left, I got up to bag up the recyclables. I put on my longest coat to cover my nightgown as I carried them to the curb. Then I sat down to delete the first round of e-mail. It took longer because I kept pausing to unsubscribe. That should make future mornings go faster. I took two packets of vitamin C because I did not feel well.
I put down my laptop and went into the sewing room. The sandwiched quilt was waiting for me. I stitched around the outermost seam. Then I did rectangles inside, and then a big X. I did another seam around the center. I noticed it was getting late so I made and ate breakfast. Myra called to say she was going to Housing to get the last basket. She called back a few minutes later to say it wasn't there. I washed up and got dressed. I packed up my quilt and some fabric for binding. I walked to the chapel and saw that Myra had already started the class. Several ladies were there working on previous projects. I threaded a machine so I could do my binding, but by then someone needed a machine so I turned it over to her. A new lady came, saying she hadn't sewn before. Myra got her started on a zippered bag project. And it turned out beautifully. Several other people made one too. Maria did not finish her project because her children wanted attention. Chantal almost did not finish for the same reason. I got my binding strips cut and sewn together on the bias. That is the commonly accepted way to do it, but if I had done it with perpendicular seams, it might have been long enough. As it was, the strip was ¾ of an inch too short. I pieced some of the cut-off corners together, but then it was time to go. Myra and I packed up the materials. I wrote Myra a check for the Japan trip. We went to see Brittany to turn in the sign-up sheets. Then we went to the commissary. I didn't need anything, but Myra got a few bags worth. I walked her home, then went home myself. I checked my phone and saw that Dynee had left me a message. So I went next door and looked at her batting and her quilt top. We had a nice chat. She recommended some things on Netflix that we might want to watch. But I forgot them. When I got home, I took another packet of vitamin C. I read e-mail. Chris came home and made supper while I was listening to a tapping audio. I made a salad for supper. We watched one episode of Merlin. Chris wrote e-mails while I read mine. I meant to work on the quilt binding but it got too late. I posted to my blog so I could go to bed.
* Awesome first project! *

No comments: