Thursday, February 16, 2017

A new face in the market

I woke up early, laid in bed for hours, then got up when I saw the light finally peeping in the blinds. Chris had been gone the whole time. I swished, exercised and drank water. I checked e-mail, unsubscribing from at least two things. Chris came home from the gym, showered, dressed, grabbed two eggs and a banana, and headed to work.
I kept checking e-mail. After a while, Myra called to tell me about a routine, everyday conversation that got overheard, misrepresented and reported to the command. She reminded me that we have to watch out for such things. Then she had to get ready for Bible study.
I read e-mail for awhile longer, then took a shower and got dressed. I cut 13 inch squares of nine fabrics. Then I put a new blade in my 60mm rotary cutter so I could cut through all layers at once. Dynee came by with my cutting mat. But she wasn't finished with my cutter because she had ordered the wrong size.
After she left, I made one cut, then shuffled and sewed the pieces back together. Then I made another cut and started sewing again. Myra called to say she and Terri were going out for a cup of coffee if I would like to join them. So I got ready and found them outside my domicile. We walked down to the ATM on our way off base. Myra got won, but when I tried to get dollars, there were none left. At that point I discovered that I did not have my ID. So we walked back up to my place. I got my ID and another scarf for Terri. Then we walked out in town. We made it to the everyday market without finding a place to stop. We walked through the market, showing Terri our favorite places. She bought a plant outside of Daiso. We stopped just outside the fabric booth. I bought a fish noodle and she got a fried stuffed pepper. We visited the other plant place and Terri found the perfect pot. A little more wandering left us at Paris Baguette. Myra and Terri had pastries and coffee. I sat and chatted with them. We exchanged phone numbers. On our way out, we walked past the massage place and I bid them goodbye. They walked back to base while I went inside for a back and shoulder massage.
After the massage, I walked back to post, stopping at the corner market for sprouts. I liked the strawberries that Myra had gotten there, but now the containers were smaller and cost more. On the way home, I stopped at the ATM and got cash. I called Myra and she said I could come over. So I went home to get her yoga blocks and the palm frond necklace and bamboo parts that I got in Guam. I showed up at her place. I opened the bags to show her and discovered that the bamboo was starting to mold. Yuck. But she seemed happy with it and envisioned it with plants. She liked the necklace, too. We had a nice talk about the Bible study she went to. We talked until Scott came home. He gave me a cryptic message for Chris. I came home, but Chris was not here.
I listened to an Audio interview, nearly falling asleep. Chris came home and I paused it to give him the cryptic message. He laughed. I made and ate a salad. Then I finished sewing up the second cut of the fabric stack. I ironed them and placed them in the cutting room. Then Chris and I watched two episodes of Merlin before he went to bed. I downloaded a pic from Paris Baguette so I could post it to my blog. And I followed him to bed.
* The coffee cups from Paris Baguette. *

No comments: