Tuesday, May 8, 2018

A berry good day

Last night I got out of bed to put some ylangylang oil outside my ankle bones. It was something I remembered from an interview on essential oils for hot flashes. Although it did not help me sleep sooner, I did not awaken in a deep sweat.
I woke up hearing my alarm go off, but I did not get up right away. When I had gotten up, fixed my hair, brushed my teeth and sewed a seam, I checked the time: 8am. I turned on the router and deleted a bunch of e-mails. I listened to something that started last night. Clearly it was not memorable. I washed the rest of the strawberries and froze them. I made a new batch of vitamin C mix. I gathered the recyclables and put them out at the curb. I ate a fat bomb and some nuts. I finalized a Swansons order to get some magnesium for Cecelia. Then I grabbed a box of strips and headed to quilting.
When I got there, the strip project was underway. At least three people were sewing. Others were cutting strips and Anita was cutting batting and backing squares. There were enough strips that I did not go get mine from the car. I set up my machine near the iron. I finished my first block while Beverly set up next to me. She gave me a cover plate for my feed dogs. (Her machine is similar to mine and she had two.) Then we sewed together. Anita brought me some blue backing fabric and I paid her. I finished and contributed three blocks before packing up. Most ladies were gone by then. There were 16 trimmed blocks, but several people had taken strips and batting and backing home to make more blocks for next week. So hopefully there will be enough for a charity quilt.
When everything was packed up and put away, Beverly and I made plans to walk. I went to the Asian market for kimbap, then met her at the Sportsplex. We walked around the baseball fields and pond. We saw geese there. But it was hot so we did not walk a full half hour. But we made plans to meet tomorrow to pass off strawberries.
I went home and ate my kimbap with kimchi while reading e-mail. I listened to an interview while eating my breakfast. Then I fished a rolling bag out of the closet. I put in a quart jar and the empty berry basket from last week. I carried it to my car and headed out. Coming off the parkway, I decided to take a left onto Whitesburg but I did it from the wrong lane apparently or at the wrong time. I was nearly hit by a truck. Therefore I was a little shook up when I got to the farmer's market. I went to the goat farm booth and asked for a quart of milk. I had brought a jar to put it in. But he did not have quarts, only half gallons. So I bought half a gallon, wondering if I had room to freeze it since I can't drink it fast enough. I also paid for the goat cheese he gave me last week. Then I went to the same stand as last week and got two baskets of berries, handing in the empty basket. She did not give me a credit for the basket. On the way back to my car, I passed a stand selling romaine lettuce and I bought a bunch. Then I carried my purchases back to my car and went home. I did some tapping on the way.
I arrived just ahead of Chris. I carried in one basket of berries and the goat milk. Chris brought in the other basket and the rolling bag. I put it all in the fridge. Then I watered the potted plants in back. I tied up the tomato that kept falling over. I planted the six-pack petunias in larger pots and placed them in the plant holder out front. Then I listened to the first episode of The Human Longevity Project. I washed half a basket of berries and stuck them in the freezer. I made a salad from the romaine at the market and ate that. Chris had put chicken in the oven to roast. I jotten notes for my blog. I laid down and rested while doing some tapping.
At 6:30 I got ready for a meeting. I drove to church. Ron was talking to the pastor. The pastor said he'd seen the baby blanket I made and that it was better than could be bought in any store. Then we went to the meeting room. Several other people showed up. Tim told us he had beehives now. Ron started the meeting. He talked about the time and talent sheets. Then we discussed making online donations to the church possible. It was quite lengthy because of the different services available, but Tithe.ly seemed to be the recommendation. Finally we closed the meeting with a prayer. I hung around to talk, but then noticed the time. I headed home to get through Gate 8 before it closed.
Chris was on his laptop and the chicken was on the stove. I forked a few pieces into a bowl. I ate them while reading e-mail. Then we watched an episode of Inspector Lynley. Chris made his sandwich and went to bed. I took my evening supplements with kava tea and sat down to finish my blog post. Thanks to Beverly, I have this lovely picture.

No comments: