Thursday, May 10, 2018

Wrist relief

I sprayed myself for hot flashes last night and slept well. I dreamed about eating. In the morning, I got up and put up my hair. Then I sewed a seam. My wrist still hurt so I decided to work on drafting the doublet pattern rather than drive to quilting. I wasn't going to turn on the router until later, but I needed the power strip on to use the pencil sharpener. I used my notes from yesterday to make changes to a pattern for a sleeveless jacket. I needed the armholes from another pattern, and the neckline from the thrift store jacket that I took apart. I took a break to look for an audio to play. I put on episode nine of Bible Health Secrets. It was all about depression and anxiety. I opened the last coconut, but it was rotten so I threw it out. Then I made breakfast and read e-mail. I looked at the pic from Michele to see what other changes I needed to make. I messaged Myra for advice on wearing ease. Before long, she called me and we had a nice chat. Then I traced all the pattern pieces and roughly cut them out.
I watered the plants in the back and in the front. I planted the pepper plant by the tree stump in the back yard. I put the battery in the mower to finish mowing the lawn. Strangely, that did not bother my wrist – I guess because there was no twisting involved. I finished mowing across the lawn and then mowed up and down the lawn. While I was out, Chris came home from work. He said there was no mail. I started reading e-mail again and listening to episode 3 of the Human Longevity Project. Then he asked to see my ID. I had left it in my car. While I was out there, I checked the mail and brought in two packages. I opened the first one and it was a book for the quilt guild. So I messaged Pat to let her know it arrived.
I took the mesh bag from the oranges and carefully pulled it over one of the tomato plants to protect it from the birds. I listened to more of episode 3. Then I paused it at 6. I picked dead blooms from the big petunia plant, then went for a walk. The sun was setting and the worst of the heat was gone. When I got back, it was almost time for my skype call with my tapping buddy. I read the few e-mails that had come in. Chris said my phone had gotten texts, so I checked and responded to them.
Then I moved my laptop to the guest room and took a mug of tea with me. I wrapped the sock of cold rice around my wrist. I indicated that I was ready and she called me. We talked for a bit. Then we tapped for my wrist. And talked some more. By 8:30 we were done. I took my laptop back to the dining room.
When Chris was ready, we watched the next episode of Inspector Lynley. I ate a bowl of blueberries as I watched. A few minutes later, my wrist made a cracking sound and most of the soreness went away. When the episode was over, I got ready for bed and rubbed ointment on the mole. Then I sat at the dining room table to write my blog. I saw the box from today's mail and opened it. It was a fabric panel of a sunset. I wrote my blog post and Chris went to bed.
* bagged for its own protection *

No comments: