Monday, May 28, 2018

Another party for Chris

I woke up before 5, with hot flashes. I used the restroom and went back to bed. I may have slept on and off, but not as well as before. Chris got up and then I got up. I took my vitamin C and then made and ate breakfast. I checked my e-mail. There was one in Korean addressed to the Facebook page I did for the Korean doctors. I typed it into Google translate and it made no sense. Alfred typed it into his translation program and it was different but still made no sense. We loaded our stuff in the car and some food Cecily gave us and said Goodbye.
Chris drove us to Dad's house. It took longer than usual because we missed the exit and had to turn around. We brought all our stuff into Dad's house. Chris got on his laptop and I asked Dad for his to-do list. I washed a couple of areas on the fridge and the stove and his bib. I mended a shirt that was worn out. I wrote some checks for him and he signed them and we got them ready for the mail. I poured his jar of coconut oil into a measuring cup along with some ground cacao nibs. At Faye's suggestion, I put mini-muffin papers in an empty egg carton and poured the mixture in. Then I slid a cookie sheet under it and put the fat bombs in the freezer to harden.
Faye and Kevin came over and we took Dad to Joe's Inn. William and Karen were already there. The waitress brought us menus and water. We ordered then talked among ourselves until the salads came out. Actually we never stopped talking. Dad ordered a meatball appetizer and chicken Parmesan. But the three meatballs were so big that he never got to the chicken. I had fried chicken livers and veggies. But I could only eat half of the livers.
Eventually the party ended: Faye gave Chris some cards for his birthday and Dad paid for the food. Then William and Karen went to run errands and the other five of us went to Dad's house. Faye and Dad and I talked about printing out labels for his family letter. But his chair was covered in papers and magazines and mail. So Faye helped him sort through all of that and collected a bunch for recycling. When the chair was clear, somehow our attention moved to the watermelon that Faye brought. She sliced it up and we sat outside and ate and talked. I could see blackberry bushes growing among small trees that ought to be cut down while they are still small enough.
It began to get dark so we went inside. Faye had to go so after more conversation, she left. I ate the leftover chicken and artichokes that Cecily sent with us. Dad ate grapes and my leftovers from lunch. Then I suggested we print out labels and he said only Faye knew how to do it. So I called Faye, but she was still driving. So I watched Dad eat until she called back. She gave me the command prompts to print out a reunion list, although that wasn't exactly what Dad needed. Then we looked for the letter to copy it, but could not find it anywhere. I searched all rooms several times. I did find it on my laptop, so Chris put it on a thumb drive and moved it to Dad's computer. That took awhile so I sat and jotted notes for my blog. I found Dad sitting in the kitchen reading a printout of the letter. I hung around for a few minutes, then helped Chris open the hide-a-bed and dress it with sheets. I changed into my nightgown and brushed my teeth. I posted to my blog, in the belief that I was going to bed imminently.

No comments: