Wednesday, May 30, 2018

The big reveal

We stayed in bed after alarm went off. Then I brushed my teeth. I swished with my homemade toothpaste for awhile and went out back to spit it out. But the door closed behind me and I got locked out. There was no one in the kitchen to hear me knock so I went to the front door. There was a broom nearby so I swept the sidewalk and porch. Then I knocked on the door, and Chris let me in. While talking to Dad, I put the second batch of fat bombs in baggie in the fridge. I ran the mail out to the mailbox. I put a check in an envelop for Kevin. I called Labcorp and found out that Dad doesn't need an appointment to go there. I wrote down the number and address for Dad. Some of the plants seemed dry, so I watered them. I washed the measuring cup that I used to make the fat bombs. Dad made his breakfast, then had me put Polident on his dentures. I called William to find out if the train tracks on the front porch were recyclable. I asked Dad about the chord changes for Lamb of God. Because there wasn't time to get out his accordion and play it, I found a video of it on Youtube. I brought the laptop out to the kitchen to play it for him. It played several times and then the battery shut down the laptop.
We packed up by noon to leave. We went to Annandale, listening to Chris speak of the GPS in less than glowing terms. We only stopped once, at a rest stop. When we arrived, Chris parked in the driveway and we unloaded. Then he moved the car so Marie could drive in later. We said hello to my in-laws, Carol, and Michele. I gave Michele the doublet and took pics. She was very happy with it. Michele showed me the crocheted items she had made. She has decided to make writing and art her new 'job'. So 8 hours a day of writing stories and crocheting or drawing electronically.
Michele and I went for a walk, smelled the honeysuckle and peonies. Then I sat in the dining room talking to Michele and Chris. Michele tried to get my phone to send pics. I showed her the message in Hangul on my phone. She couldn't read much of it. Life went on and then she offered to write the message down so I could give it to the Korean doctors. I could not get it back on my phone so I had to use my laptop. I checked its battery – 100%. I took the laptop downstairs to get the password. Now 97%. Chris read the password while I typed it in. The laptop connected to wifi and I went back upstairs to show Michele. But then the laptop went blank and I could not revive it. However, Chris 'started' it back up in a few minutes. 95% battery power. So what happened? Anyway, I pulled the message up on Facebook and showed it to Michele. She wrote it down on a piece of paper so I could give it to the Korean doctors.
I started jotting notes for my blog, and Rowan (large Scottish deerhound) decided to sit on the bed with Michele and me. Her butt was on Michele and her head was drooling on my keyboard. She would not leave until she heard Marie come home from work. I deleted e-mail and tried to get it down from 220 to under 100.
Cecily gave us a five minute warning for supper. I washed my hands and went down to the dining room. The word had gotten out that I fast on Wednesdays so there was no plate for me at the table. I got a glass of water however. After saying grace, they all dug in. I was surprised how quickly supper went. And I was ok with not eating even though it looked delicious. The conversation was entertaining as always. Then the dishes were cleared and we continued to chat. Carol did stuff in the kitchen and retired to her room. Cecily went in the livingroom and presently announced that she wanted chocolate. So Marie, Chris and Michele went to the grocery store to get chocolate ice cream. While they were gone, I brought my stash of cacao nibs to Cecily and she really liked them. Alfred tried some, too. When the others got back, someone handed out small bowls of ice cream. Chris and Michele put some cacao nibs on their portion.
The whole time the TV was tuned to the Food Network. Fasting and Food Network don't go together. But I stayed with the conversation as one by one people went to bed. I fixed a mug of hot bone broth and then some kava and valerian tea. Finally Chris and I went upstairs to Michele's room to retire for the night.

No comments: