Friday, May 25, 2018

Too much to do

I got up early, probably before 7. I brushed with my new batch of toothpaste and put up my hair. Then I pulled clothes out to pack my suitcase and get dressed and have something for traveling. My usual travel pants are so worn at the crotch that I would have to wear black underwear to be decent. I used the desktop computer to access my packing list. I added some things to my toiletries case. I washed a small lip balm container and poured some toothpaste into it. I put it and the toothpaste into the fridge to harden a little.
I made a batch of seed crackers. Then I sewed one strip to a new strip block. I turned on the router and the laptop but it needed lots of time to do updates (which it was supposed to have done last night). I made and ate breakfast at the desktop. I signed into the laptop which had finally finished updating. I took plants out to my car. I put the backseat stuff in the trunk to make room for them. Then I jotted notes for my blog.
At 9:50 I went to the acupuncture store. Jennifer wasn't there yet. Dr. Grace wanted to see her Facebook page in English. I could not see how to sign her out, so I opened another browser and entered my Facebook info to bring up the business page in English. I added some info to two of the pics on her page. I also gave her some fresh seed crackers. While I was on her account, I sent myself a friend request. Then Jennifer arrived. But I was still talking to Dr. Gace. So Dr. Jae got the foot baths ready, then called me over. Jenn was already relaxing into hers. I gave Jennifer some of the mineralizing toothpaste I had made. We had a nice talk. Dr. Grace brought us some Solomon's Seal tea. When the ionic part was over, Dr. Grace took pics of the water. She gave us paper towels to wipe off our feet. There was a lot less crud sticking to my ankles this time. Jennifer noticed the same thing. We continued to talk through the shoulder massage. Dr. Grace brought us each a cup of snack that looked like finger pretzels. I did not know how to politely refuse, so I ate one. Jennifer ate one too although we are both trying to go gluten-free. Then Dr. Grace showed me her Facebook page on her phone. It had no reviews so she asked me to make one. I would have done it at home, but she insisted. I tried to do it from my account but there was nothing to click on to leave it. So I did it from her account. But then it had her name on it, so Jennifer showed me how to edit it. I could not change the posting name, so I put quotes around the text and typed my name after it. Dr. Grace was so happy that she did not charge me for the foot bath.
But it was getting late, so Jennifer and I went to our cars. We transferred the plants from my back seat to hers. She hugged me and wished me a good vacation. I drove home.
I had more stuff to do to get ready. At least Chris wasn't home yet. I finished packing my suitcase. I sliced up a jicama for a snack. I put the seed crackers in a bag. I checked for everything on the packing list. I brought in the peace lily. I fixed a really big salad to use up half of the salad greens. Then Chris came home from work. He moved stuff to the car. He brought in the big tomato plants and watered them. He pulled food from the fridge that would probably go bad. When we finally got everything in his car, I grabbed a sewing kit and he locked the house. I checked the house mail. There was one thing, but it wasn't for us so I left it there. I got in the car and we headed out.
We listened to a book on CD from the library. We hit traffic around Chattanooga. Several times we got rained on. But mostly the trip went well. I got tired of sitting for 5 hours. We pulled into the hotel in Bristol Va about 8 Central. We checked in and then carried our stuff up to the 10th floor. We read e-mail for awhile. My purple bracelet broke, spilling beads on the desk and floor. I took my room card and went to the car to get my sewing kit. On the way back, I stopped at the desk to make sure of our room number (since it was not on the card). Then I went up to our room. I put the beads in the kit. Chris called up an episode of Death in Paradise on his laptop and we watched the first episode. Then we brushed our teeth and went to bed. I was really tired but could not sleep because of all the noise from the interstate. So I went through my toiletries bag, hoping to find ear plugs. But no luck. Since I wasn't sleeping anyway, I decided to post to my blog after all. Since they gave us a suite, I decided to try sleeping on the couch, which is in another room. It is not as dark because of the light in the hall, but definitely quieter.
* These are the plants I gave Jennifer to water while we are gone. *

No comments: