Sunday, May 27, 2018

An all-white squirrel

I slept well until the hot flashes hit early in the morning. Chris got up and I stayed in bed. But when it was clear sleep would not return, I got up too. Everyone was dressed and watching Food Network, or at least tolerating it while reading the paper and doing puzzles. I made my breakfast. We sang Happy Birthday to Chris and then they went to the Catholic service. I stayed to finish my breakfast and post to my blog for yesterday. I listened to a podcast on thermography. The chances of breast cancer go from 3 in 4 for women who wear bras 24 hours a day to 1 in 168 for women who rarely or never wear a bra. I did some yoga and saw crumbs under the table. So I swept up the crumbs. I did lymph-moving exercises. I cleaned spots on the cabinetry. They came home from church. Chris told me to look out the window to see an all-white squirrel. I tried to take a pic, but he was so small. Cecily cooked eggs and bacon for brunch. We sat down and had a nice meal.
After brunch, Cecily spot-treated all the purificators from church and put them in the wash. Al and Chris went to the store to get an herb chicken for supper. Then Alfred and I went to the park to walk for 55 minutes. When we got back, Cecily was just finishing ironing the purificators. Chris was on his laptop. I got on my laptop. Faye called to straighten out details for tomorrow. Cecily started supper. I paused the interview I was listening to and went to lend support. I couldn't help her drink wine, but I talked to her so she wouldn't feel left out or ignored while making supper.
She gave the others the 5 minute warning. Al came in to cut up the chicken. We held hands and said grace. We ate supper and talked. When supper was over, Chris cleared the table and Cecily put food away. She sat down with a glass of wine and the conversation continued. Eventually she went to bed. Then three of us conversed. Later, Chris left to get on his laptop and it was just Al and I. When we got around to the subject of sleep, I excused myself to write my blog and go to bed.
* Alfred took this pic. I don't think it is an albino. *

No comments: