Monday, January 7, 2019

Almost a good idea

I woke up, feeling the bed next to me and that Chris was not there. Since I did not hear anything, he must have already gone to work. I went back to sleep and dreamed we moved to a smaller place and it was so full I couldn't reach things. But the apartments nearby were worse. The sleep app made a noise and soon after, the phone alarm. I shut everything off and went back to sleep.
I got up at 8:45. I brushed, drank water, and swished. I fixed two holes on Chris' jeans. I left the other two for tomorrow. I boiled water for tea and soaking nuts. I rinsed the broccoli mix seeds. I put the pepper plant outside because it was getting gnats. I cut a narrow strip of hardy plastic and made a watch band with it. I taped the ends shut and it seemed to hold.
I checked e-mail and listened to part of a presentation on circular movements for mobility. I made and ate breakfast, then got dressed.
I called LessEMF to find out why the fabric I bought doesn't block the wi-fi signal. The man who answered insisted that it did work up to 98%, and that just because my laptop still shows a full signal doesn't mean anything.
I also called the compounding pharmacy that makes the testosterone and progesterone I have been taking. I wanted to know the side effects. The lady who answered promised me the pharmacist would call by the end of the day.
Then it was time to leave for quilting. I was going to take the banner project to work on, but kept thinking of special things I needed to go with it. So I chose the charity quilt instead. I still had to add special gloves and a ruler and ruler foot. It was after noon when I left.
I drove to the church and rolled my cart inside. I told everyone that the cart was a present from my sister. I stood around talking for a bit until a space opened up for me. I set up my machine and put the ruler foot on. It took me a few minutes to get the height adjusted just right. But then I was able to free-motion quilt on the seam lines. The ruler was not usable without an extension table which I don't have for that machine. But I needed the practice of free-motion. A number of ladies came by to chat. I got the usual question of ' has your husband found a job yet'? I gave the usual answer 'no'.
The target departure time was 3pm. By then I had quilted two rows, one forward and one backward. I think I had to stop twice to address thread issues. Then we all packed up to leave. I walked out with Lauri. On the way home, the tape on my watch band let go and the watch fell off.
When I got home, I checked the mail. There was a stack of letters, but only one was for us. Two were for our neighbor, and the rest were for other duplexes and people who had since moved on. I did not feel like delivering mail door-to-door so I put them in the Outgoing box. I took my machine and stuff inside. Then I picked up a gift bag and went next door to hand her her mail and a small gift. She talked about classes she plans to take. We chatted for awhile, until after Chris got home.
When I went home, Chris mentioned that the front door wasn't locked. He had a piece of mail for me from the post office. I put on my coat and went for a walk. When I got back, I ate some beef and made a salad. I put a sweet potato in the toaster oven. I played solitaire while listening to the rest of the presentation on circular motion. I ate the sweet potato.
After the presentation, I brushed and swished. We watched two episodes of Lost in Space. While it played, I tried to fasten the watch band with a paperclip, but it didn't hold well. After the show, Chris made his lunch and went to bed. I tried to look up some of the characters from Lost in Space, but they were not in anything I had seen before. I wrote up my blog post and went to bed.
* It seems like a good idea if only there was a way to securely fasten the band. *

No comments: