Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Color of the day: orange

Today started with satin-stitching on the banner and then coffee morning, followed by cleaning the bathrooms and kitchen. Then I took a shower and put on an orange outfit. I went to the Korean clinic. They showed me a Korean article talking about national certification for acupuncturists. They asked me to call, so I did. Afterward, I set up an account for him. Then I tried to get his certification sent to them, but that phone call wasn't answered. They also wanted me to call the medical board of Alabama and to renew his business license. But she talked to me while I was trying to get info online and I had to tell her I couldn't do that while she was talking. She was quiet for awhile, but started talking again. She insisted that I eat a banana. He showed me a text from the landlord raising the rent when the lease is up. We talked about that. I guess they wanted me to write a letter in response. Then a group of people walked in and wanted to know if they speak Spanish. The doctors went back with them and ran some tests, I guess. She thanked me and gave me tea and onions.
I left and went to the post office. I got the mail, then went to the desk to pick up a package. I also bought stamps and renewed our post office box for 6 months. Then I went home.
Chris was working late, so I ate some beef and made a salad. I listened to the last episode of Live Longer Feel Better. It was about emotional and spiritual factors. I read e-mail until it was time to go. Then I put on warmer pants and socks. I drove to choir practice.
At the church, I put the bank bag in the safe and put extra offering copies in the desk. I went to the sanctuary and picked up some new music. I sat by Cecelia and talked to Bill and Lars. But then the warmup started so I turned back to participate.
We practiced 4 songs, and rehearsed standing in special places up front. After practice, Lars and I talked about counting the offering and putting non-cash items in ServantKeeper. Then Jennifer told me about a bad experience she had with Dr. Bruce. I told her about the naturopath I had seen. We walked out together, leaving the church locked.
I drove home, arriving just before 9. Chris was playing a game on his laptop. He wasn't ready to watch TV, so I read e-mail and took all my evening supplements 5 minutes apart. At 9:45 I said I was going to get ready for bed. So he turned on the TV and we watched one episode of ST:NG. Then he went back to his game and I wrote my blog post for the day.
* Wearing orange by doctor's orders. *

No comments: