Saturday, January 5, 2019

Sew Day

I woke up at 8. I brushed and swished and sewed. My sewing resolution is over but now its a habit. I drank water and soaked a new batch of seeds. I boiled ginger and turmeric to make tea for tonight. I emptied the second food box. Chris pointed out that the pepper plant made a remarkable recovery. Then I sat down to write my blog post for yesterday.
After posting to my blog, I changed calendar to 2019. I hated to throw away the previous calendar, but I have a stack of them somewhere and only every used one. I unpacked my suitcase, putting clean clothes in the drawer. I took things I needed out of my toiletries bag and put them in the bathroom. I vacuumed the suitcase. I swept the kitchen floor. I answered texts. I was all set to make a batch of supplements, then discovered that I had at least 5 days left. So I worked on breakfast. As I ate, I read an article. DuckDuckGo says Google saves all your searches forever to track information about you. But their search engine does not. I listened to part of an interview about Viome results. I washed shelves in the fridge. I cleaned all 6 water bottles with boiling water. I packed my new sewing case with machine and supplies. I used a new pincushion. Then I discovered that it came with a small sewing kit.
I put everything in the trunk, including fleece for a small rug. I drove to the gas station. Of the 6 sets of pumps, three were completely closed and two of the remaining ones were closed on the left. Since my gas tank is on the right, I had to wait in line to fuel up. From there, I went to the library where the modern quilt guild was having a sew day. I set up a table and placed upon it my machine. While the ladies ate lunch, I cut and sorted fleece strips. Then I sewed the strips together end to end. When I had a sizeable ball, I started crocheting. I helped a lady who was having trouble with her bobbin. I figured out that her bobbin was the wrong size for her machine. Sadly the machine manual did not specify what size was correct. But her machine was like the Singer I had at home. I had an extra singer bobbin and it worked well in her machine. I offered to let her take it, but she declined. She had Hobby Lobby bobbins (which is kind of fun to say three times fast).
The time got away from me while I was crocheting, and all of a sudden it was quarter of 5. We had 15 minutes to pack up our machines and the tables and put them away. I stored mine in the trunk and headed out.
I stopped at Hobby Lobby to find magnets and a wrist band for my watch. I did find magnets, but nothing adjustable to use as a watch band. I got some clasps in case I decide to make one. Marshalls wasn't far away, so I walked over there. They did not have bands or watches. I drove down the lane to Target. But all they had were watches and batteries. So I headed back towards base, and pulled in at WalGreens. But I was disappointed there, too.
When I got home, it was dark. I pulled insulated plastic over my plants for the night. I got the mail and brought in my machine. Chris had beef in the oven, having been to the grocery store. I ate some of that while he cooked quinoa. I added some kimchi to that. It was quite tasty. Then I read e-mail.
It was after 8 when I put away supper. I brushed and swished. I drank kava tea as we watched two episodes of Call the Midwife. It was interesting, but a little too graphic for me. Some of the situations were disturbing.
Chris had done laundry while I was gone, including the sheets. So we dressed the bed in clean linens. Then I sat down to write my blog novela for today.
* This is what our president was working on. *

No comments: