Wednesday, January 16, 2019

No patients with insurance

I woke up several times during the night, and while Chris was getting ready for work. I tried to go back to sleep and am not sure if I did. At one point I pulled the heating pad over me and did some mental tapping. I heard my phone alarm go off in the dining room. After a bit, I turned off the heating pad and let it slip to the floor by the bed. I got up to start my day.
Things got a little out of order. But it all got done. I did not sew, but I did make progress on the banner toward sewing tomorrow. I found another strip of fleece on my table to go with the rug. I trimmed the edges and set it with the others. I probed my finger for what felt like a splinter but I could not find one. I printed XL sheets for people on the Stewardship committee.
I swished while reading e-mail and jotting notes for my blog. I watched episode one of Live Longer Feel Better.
Today's episode was about toxins and what to do (or not do). Much of it was stuff I had heard before. But one man had a machine made in Germany by Gerald Pollack that is supposed to protect the people in a home from EMF damage. On the subject of vaccines, Dr. Levy said high doses of vitamin C for a week before, during and a week after a vaccination not only reduces side effects but helps the vaccine be more effective.
I made coffee and tea. I added some molasses. I meditated and tapped. Then I cleaned the kitchen and wiped the bathrooms. I vacuumed those floors. I watered the poinsetties and it ran onto the floor. So I wiped it up with a towel and a mop. I guess the floor got a little cleaner there.
I took a shower and got dressed. I went to the Korean clinic. They were happy to see me. But they were not dressed in white coats like usual. I showed her a pic of the pretty decoration that she gave me hanging on my china cabinet. She had some pieces of mail to show me. I made a few phone calls and handled the situations as best I could: He still had to go to court to contest a charge, and she had to get the vin checked. She put a wet cotton ball on my itchy ear.
I told them I heard that Alabama only licenses MD's to do acupuncture. We called a Chinese acupuncturist in town, but there was no answer. However an online search showed that the man in question was board certified and many of the acupuncture places in Huntsville and surrounding areas tied back to him. Finally I found one in Birmingham and called. He said his group was working to change the law, and he could not accept insurance. The Koreans were sad that insurance would not pay for their services. She asked me what I thought of her selling underwear in the left half of the clinic. They said it was a good business in California. I said it might work.
He got a hot foot detox bath for me. I was glad because it was cold in there. After the detox, we all left. She handed me a baggie of dried banana chips in the parking lot and told me to eat them on the way home.
Chris was still gone when I got back. I ate some of the banana chips while looking at e-mail.
I made and ate breakfast. Still cold, I put some beef and some mashed yucca in the toaster oven to heat. I cut some beige strips of fleece. I pulled the food out and ate it while checking e-mail one last time. There was a plea from another church needing blankets. So I grabbed one from the closet on my way out.
I took the blanket and papers and went to choir practice. I gave a time and talent sheet to Will and put the rest in Portia's box. I put the bank bag back in the safe. Then I joined the choir for warm-up. Cecelia was surprised to see me because I won't be there on Sunday. We practiced several songs. When the choir lined up at the front to practice the piece for this Sunday, I skated out.
I actually got home by 8. Chris was watching some Netflix series, but feeling ambivalent about it. He said I definitely would not like it. I brushed and swished and we sat down to watch Solo, a movie about how Han Solo met Chewbacca and won the Millenium Falcon. Then Chris went to bed and I stayed up to blog.
* This is what I showed the Korean doctor. *

No comments: