Sunday, January 13, 2019

No Detour

I got up at 8:30. I brushed and swished and did some satin-stitching. I drank 3 cups of water. I made tea and nuts. I ripped off the tape that the Korean doctor had put on my shoulder. My shoulder felt a little better, but the skin was red from the ripping. I took a shower and got dressed for church. Chris reminded me to put on earrings. I bundled up and left on time.
However, when I got near the intersection of Weatherly and Bailey Cove, I could see it was all blocked off with police cars surrounding a bucket truck. There were cones blocking the lanes and funneling my lane into the WalMart parking lot. I pulled through to Bailey Cove, but there was no one going through the intersection that way either. The policemen were inside their cars, well inside the barricade, so there was no asking them which way to do. Therefore I had to backtrack to the parkway and go to Mountain Gap and come back to the church. I was late for the choir warm-up but they had just finished singing, and sang the last part one more time so I could join in. Others had run into the intersection problem as well.
Jennifer had left a 4-pack of butter and a bag of dried apple chips in my pew. I paid her, then went to the bathroom. I met Elaine in there and we got talking about her doctor. She said the food sensitivity test was a waste of time, but she recommended two other tests. I got a bulletin and sat by Don. I let him know I wouldn't see him next week.
We had a pastor who was a retired army chaplain, I think. She gave a good sermon, although I did not follow all of it. Today was baptism Sunday so the sermon and the hymns were about that. I spoke to the organist after the service, and Jennifer. She told me that she and her son went mushroom hunting on Christmas day and brought home a 20 lb hen's tail mushroom.
What with the sermon going long, and staying after church to talk, and having to go the long way home, it was almost 1 when I got home. I changed my clothes and made breakfast. I checked e-mail while I ate. I read an article about a trash can that has a motion sensor and is voice-activated. It sounded like a good thing until I read the comments. People said their pets figured out how to open the can and get into the trash.
After breakfast, we went to Publix for groceries. Sunday is not the best day to shop for produce. When I got home, we put the groceries away. I ate a can of soup. Chris called my attention to the ingredients that are on my Avoid list. Sigh. He prepared beef to go in the oven and he hardboiled eggs for lunch. I washed the cans from the store. I peeled and sliced ginger and turmeric to go in my tea pot.
I pulled out the apples we had just bought, only to find that they had rotten spots. Then I pulled out the avocados that Chris bought last week. They were rotten too, but I got a little bit of green out of one.
Since the stove top was so hot from the oven, I put coconut oil, coconut butter and raw cacao in a measuring cup and left it on the stove to melt. I also use the heat to mix up a batch of grapefruit lip balm, and poured it into little containers. Then I poured the fat bomb liquid into little muffin cups and put them in the freezer to harden.
Faye called to ask about some things she'd found at Dad's house. She talked about freezing rain turning to ice in her area. It was a somewhat rainy day here and I hoped we would not have the same.
I tried rolling up some small towels in a decorative manner. I pulled the fat bombs out and refilled the cups, using up the last of the liquid. Chris served me some mashed yucca and beef. I put butter on the yucca. I watched videos of hacks around the house and crafty stuff.
I went through all my supplements, combining the remnants of old with new ones. I made up 14 days worth, and took one. I was surprised how late it got.
Then we sat down to watch two episodes of Call the Midwife. Some of the situations were heartbreaking. Chris went to bed and I stayed up to blog and massage my shoulder with oil.
* This is my shungite bracelet. Just FYI. *

No comments: